Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 3rd party access to Fitbit data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if this was answered elsewhere, so apologies if it has.

I just purchased a Eufy SmartSense C1 scale to sync weight to my Fitbit profile.  I am assuming this is a data-push ONLY feature.  Hence, the data gathered by the Eufy scale (I am only concerned with weight) gets pushed into my Fitbit profile.  My concern is that by providing Eufy my account login info to Fitbit, it will not only be droppping my weight readings from my Eufy scale into my fitbit account, but it will also be mining my Fitbit activity over to Eufy.  Even though Eufy is not tracking my activity, I don't really want this data shared.  Presumably, I cannot ultimatly control who Fitbit shares this with but I am concerend that Eufy woudl have open access to my accoun to pull other data.  I am not interested in Eufy having all of my Fitbit activity data.   

Ahyone have knowledge of how this works? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @Dexter22.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and concerns on the matter.

Because of how integrations work, it would depend on how it was set up. Integrations are regularly developed and managed by the third parties themselves so in this case it would be better to ask Eufy directly how did they set up the connection to Fitbit. 

If you do get a response please be sure to post it in here so that other Eufy users are aware.

I hope you find this useful. Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes