Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revoked WW access, now can’t delete Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit wasn’t syncing with my Weight Watchers app. I revoked WW privileges on the Fitbit website. No problem there. I then tried to delete the Fitbit from my WW account so that I could re-install, but I just keep getting an error message and it won’t delete the Fitbit, but it also won’t sync because I revoked WW’s access. I’ve called WW customer service and all they can tell me is that they can’t delete it on their end either. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

After about 8 hours, I was able to delete the Fitbit from my WW app.  Problem solved by giving it time.

Best Answer

It usually takes a while for a third party to know it has been revoked 

Are the two sites communicating? 

Best Answer

I am having this problem now!! How long did it take for you to be able to resolve. Were you getting an error message saying 500 An error occurred during delete, review server logs. 

Best Answer

normally 500 is an error in iOS. not with WW .

So how long does it take for WW to realize the access has been revoked? WW will not find out when it tries to access your Fitbit account .and get the message that they where refused. Please remember third party access is dealing with two parties .Fitbit is only one of the parties .

Best Answer

Rich, thanks for your efforts to help.  Please look at the text of your message and maybe correct the gibberish parts.  I'm trying hard to figure out what you mean, but I'm failing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

500 is an ios error, not a WW error. 

What where you doing when the 500 message popped up .

Best Answer

Thank you for replying.  After waiting overnight, the situation resolved itself.  I no longer have an issue, thankfully, and I appreciate your offer of help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @EmEwe, I'm glad to read the issue was resolved on its own.

As always I appreciate your input @Rich_Laue and  the information provided here.

Just a quick note, if WeightWatchers is failing to sync, I don't recommend to revoke the access from your Fitbit account as this may provoke other additional issues or errors. When the integration is presenting syncing troubles; the best, is to make sure your Fitbit is syncing correctly.

If all is good, the next steps is to contact Weight watchers

1. US or Canada: 1-800-651-6000 or http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/contactus.aspx.
  2. UK: 0345 3451500 or at uk.help@weightwatchers.co.uk.

See you later and thanks for participating in the Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No disrespect intended, but I believe technically, 500 is an http server side (vs client side) error which is why you would get the same error if you tried revoking the access in any web browser on any platform within the WW site, e.g., Windows using Chrome or Kindle Fire using Silk. It means something went wrong on the website, but the server doesn't have more specific information on the issue, so it issues a general error (500). At least, that's what makes sense to me, and I did get the error when using Chrome on Windows 10 from the WW website. It seems WW can remove the Fitbit device from the WW user profile once Fitbit completely processes the request to revoke permissions which takes a little while to process on their end.  

Best Answer

I’m receiving the same message and have been in a WW chat. They say they’ve never seen this issue before. I was trying to uninstall my Fitbit which wasn’t syncing with WW then trying to reinstall it....

Best Answer
0 Votes