Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Noom, MFP and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my fitbit today.  A charge 3.  I've been using MFP for a long time and I knew there was integration between the 2.  Well I found out all this integration is wacky.

First after setting up everything and then I go exercise, MFP showed I had 150 calories of exercise from Fitbit.  But the fitbit dashboard showed I had 400+ calories.  Ok, you know what?  I don't need MFP.  I'd rather only use one app anyways.  Maybe they don't fully sync right or something.  I can ditch MFP because Fitbit must have great food entry....and I found out it is pretty good, except recipes!  If eating home cooked meals is healthy, why does fitbit not have this?  It looks like it's easy to add a double quarter pounder with cheese, but I cannot add a serving of home cooked bean soup because I cannot enter the ingredients and split it based on servings?  And guess what?  I search on the best way to do recipes with fitbit and all I find is that I should use....MFP!

So now I'm back to 2 apps...which is fine but am I supposed to track my food in one, and my calories in the other?  If my exercise doesn't sync correctly, I cannot think of how to do this.  I really don't want to manually enter it. (which seems silly too) 

I'm seriously trying to figure out what I should be doing.  I've been looking around off and on all day and cannot find the answer.  Any ideas?  What is the meta?  Thanks!

EDIT: Fitbit now says I had about 630 calories of exercise.  MFP now says I had about 579.

Maybe that's doable but why are they different?

EDIT 2: Maybe I didn't wait long enough or maybe I just didn't have something set up right....but I think I have it now.  Everything seems to be working properly.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @jalapen0.

Thanks for sharing your whole experience and letting us know that everything seems to be working correctly now.

It is definitely possible that the data had not synced properly between the three and once it did, you got the proper details.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes