Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings scale integration with IFTTT

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, so there are plenty of recipes that successfully sync weight (in either lbs or kg) from my Withings scale over to fitbit.  The thing is, both Withings and fitbit also track fat/lean mass and BMI, so you'd expect there to be some way to sync those measurements too.

When in IFTTT recipes for the Withings and fitbit channels, you actually have choices to include these ingredients:

LeanMassLb

FatMassLb

FatPercent

MeasuredAt

Okay, great, so one of those should work to get some kind of fat/lean mass measurement from Withings over to fitbit.  The problem is that every single one of those ingredients fails when you try and run it.  Instead you get an error saying:  "Action skipped, weight must be a number".  At first I thought the problem was that you are limited to a "weight unit" of either Lbs or kg, so I figured this might conflict with the FatPercent ingredient delivering a % instead of a number, but even the LeanMassLb and FatMassLb ingredients, which would deliver a matching unit, cause this same error.

Now, those ingredients are all in the IFTTT system already, so it would appear that they were created by either Withings of fitbit when the IFTTT channel integration was set up.  I'm not sure where to turn to try and get those ingredients to work, because there really should be a way to get fat/lean mass measurements from one place to the other.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have stumbled across an alternative solution to this problem here:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

This allows for direct linking of the accounts, without going through IFTTT.  I think somebody should still look into fixing the IFTTT ingredients, but the direct integration is a more complete solution.

The question now is why isn't this linking option easier to discover on the site.  That is a question for a separate post, though.

Best Answer

neither of these work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @48DPTM.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Please know that Withings and our team is aware of the situation. Any details on the matter will be posted in here.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes