Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runkeeper, charge 2 and questions.....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just gotten the Fitbit charge 2 for my birthday. Very happy ;).

A few questions I haven’t been able to fix myself or with help from the forum though.
It is about tracking my running activity. I have been using Runkeeper for 4 years now and would like to continue doing so.

I have connected runkeeper app with Fitbit app. I know about the one way integration. In the runkeeper setting menu I see that it is connected. 

However there is nothing to see in either the Fitbit app of runkeeper app about my activities. What’s the use of the connections then? 

My Fitbit is connected with my phone by Bluetooth during my runs for gps. GPS is on as is Bluetooth. The phone symbol appears on my Fitbit, no lines of dashed.

The tracking of gps however is poorly, it is missing more then half of the route. I know this route and it is 9.8 km and it only tracked 3.2, especially on the way back (part of the route is the same back again) I know that gps with charge 2 (and phone) is often an issue but I didn’t start my runkeeper app since I thought the two (Fitbit and runkeeper) would integrate or sync faster wards so I would have a record. 
I didn’t and all I have for this run is the inaccurately Fitbit log.

If it is true that Fitbits / phone gps log is so bad I need to use the runkeeper app anyway in order to know how my run went, and that in the runkeeper app there is no other information from  Fitbit, then the only use for the Fitbit is hearth rate monitoring and step counting and frankly, there are cheaper and easier ways to do that. 
So I must be missing something?

What I have done already?

Logging in and out form both fitbit and runkeeper
Turning Bluetooth on and of
Turning Fitbit on and of
Turning phone on and off
Connecting Fitbit again
Turning Fitbit on/off while on the charger 
Connecting runkeeper and Fitbit again. 
Deleting all cache 

Hope for some help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @MissMMA.

Thanks for bringing this up!

In regards to the inaccuracies with the Charge 2's GPS tracking. I'd like to let you know that our team is aware of the situation and it is being looked into. As soon as there are any updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

As for syncing with Runkeeper, only details synced to Fitbit will cross over, meaning that things like calories and sleep would be the ones to by synced to Runkeeper. 

Hope this clarifies the sitaution. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes