Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runkeeper not syncing to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently noticed that runkeeper and Fitbit isn’t syncing with each other. I’ve signed up for the free 90 day premium thing, that Fitbit is currently doing right now. Also, I signed up for a year subscription with runkeeper. Could one of these be the reasons that’s interfering with syncing? Is anyone else having issues with this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Sponkyknitter85, great to see you in the community.

I have moved this thread to the third-party integrations forum, you should hopefully get a better response regarding this integration here.

Can I ask if you've tried revoking access to Runkepper (from here) and then trying to re-link the services again (RunKeeper.com settings ->apps and find the Fitbit setting)? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGeeI've tried revoking and re-linking my accounts. Even restarting my phone to see if may help and nothing seemed to work. Is it a possibility, it has something to do with the membership with Fitbit and Runkeeper? I had the same issue with Strava recently, with it quit working on me and the app wouldn't allow me to do anything. Hint the reason of switching to Runkeeper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGeeI have been having this problem for the last week and half or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's unlikely that your membership status would have an effect on syncing. It's more likely to be an issue with the server that deals with the syncing. I'm not sure who maintains the integration but I'd be inclined to say Runkeeper, it might be worth contacting their support to see if there are any known problems with the syncing service.

I don't personally use Runkeeper, but I do have an account and tried to link my fitbit account. I checked to allow all of the permissions but was presented with a server error page after pressing the allow button. So this may tie into to my earlier suspicions of it being a server issue. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will look into this and see what comes about of it. I will hate to sign up and pay for a membership, than turn around it doesn’t work.

Best Answer

Did you ever get a resolution on this? I've had a runkeeper account for over a decade and I'm thinking the Fitbit device will not sync and just have to download and upload the tpx manually 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did. I emailed the company and explained to them what’s going on. They fixed for me. After that, I haven’t had any issues.

Best Answer

That's great! Could you possibly forward me your message and who you reached out to with resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes