Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRAVA App overwriting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have just been for an 18km hill walk and logged 32,000 steps. I also recorded it on my IPhone STRAVA App to see the route and track distance and actual metres climbed. After I had saved it, I edited the activity to say it was a hike, but it has synced to Fitbit and knocked my steps down to 18k! Is there anyway I can get back my original steps? Why has it reduced the number of steps taken? It was a big hill day, so not surprising my steps were more than they would be for a run on the flat, which is roughly what 18km would be!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @MikeW68, welcome aboard to our Community. I wonder if you recorded the activity on both accounts, based on what you mentioned at the begging of your post? If this was the case it possible that when you categorized your exercise this override the data reducing your steps. Which is a normal behavior to avoid duplicate numbers on your exercise. However I'm just guessing here.

If the issue persist, I would like to ask a couple of screenshots of this issue so I can have a better look of the discrepancy. In the meantime if this is an issue with the integration between your account and still persist on a daily basis I suggest to revoke access to the Strava and set it up again:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard (Web-based)
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes