Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shapeup does not recognize very active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My employer uses Shapeup.com to track steps and exercise for work-based health challenges. We can use a Fitlynx Pebble or a Fitbit device for these challenges. Shapeup.com is authorized to access my fitbit.com account to transfer my steps and "very active" minutes to its tracking system as a third party app. This has worked great for over a year. About 8 days ago, Shapeup.com stopped recognizing "very active" minutes, so Shapeup has given me 0 exercise minutes during this time. So far, Shapeup doesn't seem to have a clue why this is happening. My activities include running and walking non-stop for 1 to 3 miles, and have always been recognized as "very active" minutes. When I look at my Activity Log, how do I tell the difference between an "active minute" and a "very active" minute? Basically, I want to know enough about the activity log to convince Shapeup they have a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@makeitbetter You can always try unlinking Fitbit and Shapeup, then relinking the accounts to see if that helps. They're just called "active minutes" on your Fitbit dashboard, so as long as they show up on your dashboard, Shapeup should be able to pull that data.

On the API level, active minutes are split into three different types. Unless Shapeup is pulling the number from all three of them, then 'exercise minutes' or whatever it is in Shapeup will never match what it says on the Fitbit dashboard. Here's what it looks like:

"elevation":48.77,
        "fairlyActiveMinutes":0,
        "floors":16,
        "lightlyActiveMinutes":0,
        "marginalCalories":200,
        "sedentaryMinutes":1166,
        "steps":0,
        "veryActiveMinutes":0

If it continues to be an issue, might be a good idea to follow up with Shapeup.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer