Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Heart Rate with Cycling Computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I like the possibility to share the hart rate of my Fitbit Ionic to a wahoo elemnt bolt (cycling computer)

Garmin can do it already. 
Is this possible or a feature that will come in the future?

Moderator edit: Labels & Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

This would be a question to ask Wahoo, they would be three party that would setup the link. 

BTW I'm moving your third party question to Third Party Board.

Best Answer

No this is not a question for Wahoo but for FitBit.

Wahoo already have the possibility to connect to 3th party hart rate's.

Garmin watch have the possibility to send the hart rate to the wahoo.
So wahoo and garming working.

Question is I want FitBit to send the hartrate to wahoo. 

Best Answer

But Fitbit does not push themselves onto third parties but invites them to become partners. 

Has Wahoo even started the process of linking up with Fitbit? I don't see Fitbit on their linked app page.

Best Answer

I understand now. I won't happen unless those company's make a agreement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @d-vine and @Rich_Laue.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @Rich_Laue Thanks for being around to help and answer questions. Greatly appreciated. @d-vine Thanks for sharing your interest in a connection like this.

While it is definitely like @Rich_Laue said, perhaps you could support this suggestion about connecting with Wahoo. You can comment and vote on the idea to show your support for it. If you do visit that board and idea, be sure to also read the FAQ to better understand how the board works. 

Hope to see you around! Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have been thinking about this answer for a while and I totally disagree.
The ability to share the heartbeat is already present at wahoo. Wahoo can already link different brands including your largest competitor Garmin.
I fully understand that there must be an agreement between both companies and the devices, but to say that as a customer I have to submit this to you at Wahoo is of course not acceptable. I am not the software developer for you.
In addition, this can be a great function for you as a company that customers can benefit from.
To post the idea on the forum is completely pointless because I have already suggested an idea to add speed to the running app and you don't want to get that. (while this already works for cycling)
And this is something FitBit only can do not a other company.
If an agreement must be there first between the two companies and then build in the function. I don't have that many trusts in that now.
You communicate well with the customers but saying give this idea and place on the forum and we look after it is the problem or adjustment that can be useful put it down next to you and that is a great pity.
I work in data and telecommunications and work closely with software engineers to develop cases and especially testing so I know exactly how it works and therefore I see that on the software side a number of steps can be taken to improve the product and improve the experience.
I am very satisfied with my Ionic but it can be so much more if you look at your biggest competitor Garmin and I am very disappointed that it has been months ago that I have seen something of a nice software update that the Ionic steps again makes better.
I think it is good if you take a good look at what the competition is doing and what an addition can be for you. If I look at other devices but also in the software application such as how strava and endomundo show the training make it clear that the necessary steps can be taken.
Sometimes good stolen is better than bad thinking.
It is of course a bit of frustration that the idea of ​​adding speed to the running exercise is not being developing ( well that is a big word cycling has it already ) but I see potential in a very expensive watch that is not being used.
And if I do not see regularly software updates, I worry

Best Answer

It was requested to add your vote to the current suggestion that is found on the feature request board. This board is setup for users to submit their ideas to the developers. 

The board we are in is the community board where the community of Fitbit users donate their time to help out their fellow Fitbit users. We are not programmers. 

Fitbit like apple and garmin have the policy of inviting other parties to link up with them. Fitbit has provided the needed tools. 

There for I see two ends of this candle. Fitbit and Wahoo. We can let the Fitbit developers know by voting for the request. 

We also can go to the other end of the desired link and let Wahoo know that we are interested in having Wahoo partner up with Fitbit. No one has requested a Fitbit user to write the code. 

Of course we can continue to discuss this subject among our fellow Fitbit users, who by the way none have the ability to make decisions for Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

First off, the link provided by the moderator is for an inverse suggestion.   Basically the opposite of what d_vine seeks.  The request is to put out the HR reading in Bluetooth form so that bike computers can read in real time, like the Garmin watch does.   I did find a request on the suggestion board but it was locked, with over 700 votes.  As was to 200 similar recommendations.   So, is there a way to combine these locked requests to show Fitbit it is something members of the community has wanted for the last 6 years, with strong support?   Is there a forum the Fitbit responds to directly to get technical reasons why the do or don’t do a suggestion?  Thanks

Best Answer

I do not understand who fitbit people think they are. I have paid to monitor my body's data and I want to share them with every other software/device I want! First, I futilely needed compatibility with Sleep as Android, now with a cycling computer and still not possible. How companies with medieval ethics and vision still survive in 2020 is ridiculous.
Is it so hard to implement a little bit of ANT+ in 2020? If I were fitbit I'd already have released a firmware that hacks bluetooth into ANT+ or at least recognize the abominable short-sighted business tactics and sell a bluetooth to ANT+ converter for all my devices!

Best Answer