Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Fitbit Sync with Google Fit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am wondering if Fitbit will ever start syncing with Google Fit, because they are both very good apps, and I would like to have compatibilty with them. Right now I how to sync with Withings to get Fitbit info to show up in Google Fit, which is a very complicated procedure.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

It's nice to see new faces around @parkerstep! Currently, I don't have any information about this integration. However, you may want to vote for this idea Integration with Google Fit because it's already reviewed by moderator and if it gets implemented the status will change. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I too would like FITBIT to sync with Google Fit.

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @yamaf15e! Have you voted for Integration with GoogleFit? As mentioned above this will help our engineers and developers to see what features you want on your tracker or Dashboard. 

Thanks for voting! 

Best Answer

C'mon, we don't all want to be apple.....

Best Answer

There has been a post in the requested features section that's been there for 3 year (about) and 26 pages long. Fitbit isn't trying to hear from customers. They don't care for Google fit integration.  

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Klas82! The Feature Suggestion board is a place to make your voice heard. However, I can't give you a specific time frame about when these ideas will be implemented. You can leave your vote and comments in this Integration with Google Fit

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

This request is right up there with the ability to sync without internet. It's been requested for years. The request comments a full of alternative products. Clearly Fitbit is not interested. Might as well look for something that does.  Like the iWOWNfit. 

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @maichrcol! The Feature Suggestion board is a place to make your voice heard, our engineers will take a look at them and implement some ideas. However, I can't confirm when each idea will be a feature in Fitbit. 

Fitbit highly appreciates your time and the suggestions each one post. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit ,

Any idea when this will be really happening, because I see this was included from June 2014. I have put my vote as well. Is funding the problem or FitBit having issues with Google/Andriod?

Like others, I had my past fitness updates in Google Fit, and I need to sync that with my FitBit device.

Please give clear dates and plan for the same.

And just to update, in the https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integration-with-Google-Fit/idi-p/350820 , it is not allowing me to comment.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Arun

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @ArunMohandas! Currently, I can't confirm when this is going to be implemented. Those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers and as soon as it's been implemented the status will change to let everyone in the thread know about the change. 

It's pretty weird that you're not able to comment on that idea. Do you have a screenshot of what you're getting that's not letting you post there? 

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience. 

Best Answer

Quite honestly it seems to be having issues syncing with the apps it is already supposed to do let alone anything else.

Best Answer

Yes, when you click on comment, the page does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @marykrhodes! Currently, it's not possible to integrate Fitbit and Google Fit. However, you may want to vote for this idea Integration with Google Fit because those are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

If you're having any issue while trying to reply to any thread within the Community, please let me know. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Muchnneeded

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner!  Have you voted for the integration with Google fit idea? Those are viewed by our engineers and developers and as soon as it's been implemented, the status will change.

Hope I can continue seeing you around! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

Exactly why I did not buy another fit bit. bought a RUNME which is much cheaper more feature rich, doesn't burn my wrist and synchs with Google. Also, tracks sleep in a way that my charge hr used to but fit bit decided to remove they functionality I paid for when the changed the sleep reporting from the HR.  Will never buy another fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue. I cannot add comment. It is really a shame that after 3 years of ppl voting and commenting about the integration FitBit has not introduced it yet! Shame!

Best Answer

This should be an executive/strategic decision, not a " our engineers will take a look at them and implement some ideas," strategy.  It is obvious to me that fitbit is not interested in connecting with Google fit.

Best Answer

Totally agree with the above.

Fitbit just wants you to spend money on a gadget which you don't need.

1) Google Fit with a smartfone in your pocket does exactly the same - counts activity calories

2) I prefer to wear a real, analog, classy watch instead of a gadget. That fits my everyday clothing at work. I would love to wear fitbit watch for excersizes. When I would also want to use HR monitor. But not 24h/day!

You guys at fitbit should give people a choice. When Im at work I want classic watch and I still want my walking calories to count in!

Alternate to connecting with Google Fit is to add a step counter and walking calories counter into the app without any extra device needed. Just like Google Fit. 

Best regards,

Marcin

Best Answer