Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Fitbit Sync with Google Fit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am wondering if Fitbit will ever start syncing with Google Fit, because they are both very good apps, and I would like to have compatibilty with them. Right now I how to sync with Withings to get Fitbit info to show up in Google Fit, which is a very complicated procedure.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I just bought a fit bit. Google fit is synced to my Good Measures app. If i cant sync fitbit to google fit Can fit bit sync to Good Measures. If not i am returning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking at the list of feature requests, this and apple health kit integration are leaps and bounds more requested than all of the other 'integrations' combined. 

Yet Fitbit engineers have found time to integrate a bunch of things with far fewer 'votes', I'm guessing that in this case there's a higher level strategic decision not to support the major phone Android and iOS first party trackers. 

It's fine to admit you've opted as a company, not to assist your largest competitors.

Best Answer

Why do you and other Fitbit moderators encourage users to "vote for this integration" and try to create the impression that Fitbit is open to making this happen - when clearly you are not. Why not just be honest and put out an announcement to say that Fitbit does not intend to integrate with Google Fit and never has? It makes you look shady and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

If you search the 3rd Party App category for "Google Fit" over 450 results are returned. Each of these have dozens, some thousands of votes. If you were tally the requests from Fitbit users you would have an absolute mountain of votes. You do not need to encourage more people to vote when clearly there is an overwhelming request from your user base already. 

Best Answer

I'll be honest it is starting to feel like voting for an existing suggestion is a way to shut people up. There are now thousands of upvotes for Google Fit integration and your colleagues has responded saying it isn't currently planned. Instead you want us to use other apps that you have integrated with. Essentially you are creating an unnecessary obstacles for consumers. That is bad business 101. 

Best Answer

As reputable company! you shouldn't give false promises. until now nothing in regards to sync between fitbit and google fit, which means your so called engineers and developers didn't look to the people suggestions and vote.

Best Answer

How is this still not possible when Google owns FitBit??!!

Best Answer