Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing both the adjustment and logged exercise in MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I utilize RunKeeper to track runs, biking, and the use of stationary equipment in the gym. When I enter my workouts the calorie adjustment is shown in MyFitnessPal. However, when this occurs, the FitBit calories adjustment from my normal daily activity disappears and the overall total daily burn is just the entered activity plus anything after that.

Now. Let's say that I take a walk at lunch in an effort to burn some calories. Then I hit the gym. How should I manipulate the settings to reflect the calorie count? Alternatively, how do I run with the FitBit without double counting?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@ZephiesGirl It will be my pleasure to answer your inquiry! 

If the calories burned that you have in MyFitnessPal are greater than Fitbit, there won't be an adjustment because the Fitbit adjustment happens when the calories burned in MFP are less than Fitbit. Here's an article about it. 

You shouldn't have to log an activity to your Dashboard that's step based because your tracker is made to track that information. Any other activty that requires more than just steps like yoga or weight lifting should be logged to improve calories burned data. Don't worry, if you do this, your data will not double. Following the above you won't be double counting your activity Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes