Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Cycle Alarm App - Link Suggestion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using the Fitbit force for nearly a month now and I love it. I sync with with mynetdiary for tracking my foods. Works pretty well thus far. I have been using the sleep cycle alarm clock app (ios) for a couple of years, to help track my sleep. It also has an intelligent alarm feature that I absolutly LOVE. While I appreciate the sleep tracking features on my force, it does leave something to be desired. Fitbit links with so many other 3rd party apps, mostly fitness and food tracking related, it would be AMAZING if the Sleep Cycle could be added to the list! They could work together and turn the force into an intelilgent alarm, waking you up when you are already coming out of a deep sleep phase. It really is a much more pleasent way to wake up. I am still using Sleep Cycle, and the force. As I like to compare the data :) 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I think you can also sync your sleep from Sleep Cycle with RunKeeper, and then you can use SyncMetrics to sync your sleep to Fitbit, perhaps that is an option!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That does sound possible, but also would mean adding an app I'd likely never use just for syncing and that seems a tad silly. Good idea though! I think I will hold out hope that the two will play nice together soon! Thank you for your response 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am in your same situation. I love my fitbit, I use it every day, all day, and I would love the smart functionality that I have on with "Sleep Cycle". Maybe the fitbit could synchronize every once in a while, not continuously. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my set-up exactly: FitBit Zip and Sleep Cycle, which are synced through Runkeeper and Syncmetrics.

My question though is: is there a way to show my sleep data on the FitBit Dashboard or the iOS app? I have the feeling it is only enabled when you set-up a FitBit tracker that can track sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

do you mean that sleep cycle wakes you up based on the movement information coming from the fitbit? As you write it, it seems more that you just store the data from the fitbit app to the sleepcycle log online.

Best Answer
In my set-up Sleep Cycle wakes me up based on its own movement data. I only want my sleep data synced in FitBit and be able to consult it in iOS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah, I currently do that, but what I would like would be to keep only the fitbit close to me, and not my phone (that has to be connected to the charger while sleep cycle is active).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greetings FitBit,

It would be very cool if FitBit dashboard could link to the Sleep Cycle App for the iPhone. Sleep Cylce's sleep tracking and alarm system (only wakes you up in a shallow sleep state) have been incredible for improving my sleep efficiency and much better than the simple sleep tracking metrics that FitBit offers (I used the FitBit One for a while and although it's tracking metrics were okay, I generally found it to be a pain to put the wrist band on every night).

Is there any possibility of collaboration between FitBit and Sleep Cycle?

Thanks for considering this feature request.

Best Answer

I would also like to submit my vote for linking Sleep Cycle (app for ios) to Fitbit. I love their app as an alarm & use it daily. I have a fitbit one & wearing the cloth band to bed is a bit of a nuisance. I looked into the suggestion of using Runkeeper & Syncmetrics but unfortunately Syncmetrics is no longer available.

Thank you & I hope this is something Fitbit.com will look into.

Best Answer
Hello, I have been for two weeks with my Charge HR. I have been looking around but I can't find an Android App that takes advantage of sleep data to optimize alarms inside a range. Weird not? I mean that should be a fairly easy app to build, since there are quite a lot already using the accelerometer on phones.
Anybody knows of one?
Is fitbit considering including this option into their app?
Thanks.
Best Answer

So how does Sleep Cycle work with your Fitbit's heart rate data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

ESPECIALLY syncing heart rate data to Sleep Cycle!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please tell me if you find out- I have a Charge 2 and the heart rate would actually be PRACTICAL at night if there were a sleep cycle alarm potential!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is FitBit ever going to sync with the Sleep Cycle app?

Best Answer