Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - MFP Scheduled Maintenance on 3/30/18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018: MyFitnessPal has completed their scheduled maintenance. If you're still experiencing issues, I recommend reaching out to MyFitnessPal Support.

I am closing this thread as the scheduled maintenance has been completed. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 9.17.43 AM.png

Fitbit Update 03/30/2018: Hi everyone -- Starting in the afternoon of Fri, 3/30, MyFitnessPal started some scheduled maintenance with the Fitbit integration, which may have caused an interruption in service.

There has been a delay in the completion of their maintenance until this week. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.44.49 AM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 03/30/2018: Hi everyone -- Starting in the afternoon of Fri, 3/30, MyFitnessPal started some scheduled maintenance with the Fitbit integration, which may have caused an interruption in your service.

There has been a delay in the completion of their maintenance until this week. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.44.49 AM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I also am getting an error message stating that my Fitbit is being used on another account. "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."

I was able to find MFP on my Fitbit profile and revoked its access. I then tried to re-link the apps and got that error message mentioned before. I don't see how that error message is possible since I've never had any other accounts. It seems as though something needs to be fixed on either Fitbit's or MFP's part as they're just not syncing anymore or, in my case, never to begin with.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. This is so frustrating and from the looks of the replies, most people feel as I do. I revoked access for MyFitnessPal thinking I could simply re-allow it. This was an attempt to get my Fitbit Charge to sync with the MyFitnessPal app. 

There is nothing simple about it.

Can some please, please, just focus on allowing access for the MyFitnessPal app? Just focus on that with a step-by-step explanation and don't go off in different directions counseling the forum on different problems.

I am sorry if I sound impatient, but I have wasted three hours on this and can't find any information on how to allow access for the MyFitnessPal app.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help.

I have searched your forum and while many topic titles sound promising they prove to be dead ends.

I revoked access for the MyFitnessPal app to my Charge 2. I was trying to figure out why the steps were no longer syncing. 

Now I see that while it is easy to revoke access, there is no obvious way to allow an app access. 

Please, with a simple step-by-step explanation help me. Please, please focus on my specific question and don't go in different directions.

Thank you. I am frustrated and that is probably coming through. I have wasted the last three hours on something that should be straightforward...in my judgment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m a longtime, experienced user of both apps.

My Blaze accurately tracks my steps on the fitbit app, but hasn’t been able to successfully sync at all with MyFitnessPal for the past 2 days.  I’m able to sync well with other apps

i have unconnected/reconnected both apps, given appropriate permissions on both, made sure the right boxes were checked, etc.

Can a Moderator please assist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve used both for 4 years.

I’m having the exact same problem. 40k steps on 31/3 and none of them have synced to mfp. I disconnected, logged out of both apps and then logged back in and reconnected. It synced my first 400 steps of today 1/4, but hasn’t synced any since and still nothing for yesterday.

Perhaps this has something to do with the data breach at mfp, as I’ve only had trouble since receiving that notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is with MFP; they are performing maintenance and the tracking/syncing functions are temporarily not working.   Check the MFP forum for details.

Best Answer

From mfp:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are sorry for any frustration with Fitbit not syncing; We are currently completing scheduled maintenance on our integration with Fitbit.

​In the mean time, we do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration, as it will not resolve the issue, and will further increase the backlog of sync requests once the maintenance is completed.

You can find more info and updates at this link: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2931708-fitbit-scheduled-maintenance-on-3-30-1...

Best Answer

My Fitbit is not sincing my steps to my fitness pal app and it’s driving me crazy. It just stopped working all of the sudden. It shows the connection but the steps are not transferring. How do I get this back as this is an important function for me.

Best Answer

Mine doesn’t either! It’s the new update to the Fitbit app that did it I think. I tried everything to get it to work, nothing has fixed it. 😕

Best Answer

My surge is doing the same thing. I’ve tried everything and it still doesn’t sync to MyFitnessPal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the latest app update syncing my Blaze with MFP isn’t happening. It’s a real piss off! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not syncing since fitbit upgrade on March 31st

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

My Flex 2 is not syncing either. Fitbit is Reading my nutrition info from MyFitnessPal, but it appears that sometime Friday night that MyFitnessPal stopped reading the steps from Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ramcatdoc. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your account not syncing with your MFP account. Have you already tried to remove the MFP access and grant it again?

If not, please go from your computer to fitbit.com and log in to your account. Once you're in, click on the gear icon at the top right corner. Then, click on Settings. Once you're here, click on the Applications option on the column to the left and here you should see MFP. Click on the "Revoke Access" button and then try linking both accounts again.

For the instructions on how to link to MFP again, click here.

Hope this helps and anything else you may need, let me know!

Ps. I moved your post to the Third Party apps board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, have tried restarting the phone, logging in and out of both apps, disconnecting and reconnecting through the app and the desktop, and I have followed the instructions from the "solution: I found on here from April of last year (2017), all to no avail. Mine also stopped synching after I installed the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you find that Daniel? I wonder why no notification was sent out. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I revoked my connection but can't seem to get reconnected. I went to fitbit.com/apps/MyFitnessPal but don't know what to do from there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes