Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just started using the Strava app when I cycle.  I've noticed if I start tracking my ride via my fitbit and Strava, sometimes it matches them, but sometimes it shows two separate (identical ).  The Strava app on my phone seems far more accurate on the mapping, time elevation etc. but obviously doesn't have the heart rate. 

What should I be doing?  Do I need to use the cycle tracking on the versa, of will it just get that from Strava anyway?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

For whatever reason when I’m biking and using strava, the information won’t transfer to my Fitbit app.. I can’t use the Fitbit biking Monitor because it disconnects from gps as soon as I lock my phone. So I tried Strava and it won’t sync and I’ve checked all my settings and even deleted/re downloaded the app. All I want is to track my biking!

www.myloweslife.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Leighjc. Thank you for sharing your Strava inquiry.

To connect your Fitbit and Strava accounts:

1. Visit strava.fitbit.com and tap or click Connect.
  2. Log in to your Strava account.
  3. When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the on-screen instructions.

Your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava, and runs and rides tracked with Strava will contribute to your all-day Fitbit stats. If you have a Fitbit watch, use the Strava app on your watch to see your last 10 run or bike exercises. If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export my Fitbit account data?

Note the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities
  • Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Note that after linking your accounts you may see some differences in the way data is calculated for your exercises on each site. For more information, see Strava's Calorie Calculation article.

I hope this information helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think you read my post properly.  I already have them syncing.  What I want to know is should I be using the cycling function on my fitbit as well as the strava app, or just use the Strava app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us and I apologize for the misunderstanding @Leighjc

Strava is primarily used to track cycling and running exercises. Strava exercises that are synced with Fitbit are labeled as a manually logged activity. Only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device is synced to the Strava app. See Strava support page for Fitbit or How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Integration link: strava.fitbit.com

Information shared between Strava and Fitbit:

From Fitbit to Strava:
  • Activity recorded with GPS on Fitbit
From Strava to Fitbit:
  • Any GPS activity recorded to Strava account.

Thank you for visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes