Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava authorization

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Been trying like crazy to get my ionic to link up to Strava ( the only reason I went with a Fitbit was because the ease of use with Strava) ever since I got it it will not let me authorize my account on the Fitbit app, it glitches and redirects me every time I’ve tried to authorize the acc. Any idea of what is going on or what I could be doing wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @bfleet, so the official way to sync the two accounts is by going to strava.fitbit.com click Connect, authorise Strava, then on the Fitbit page make sure you authorise access to your profile along with other options. After that you will be redirected to a page similar to the initial one which explains how the integration works. Your accounts should be connected when you get to the "How it works" page.

If this is what you have been doing can you explain where are you redirected to? Also one thing to mention is that only Gps activities are synced from Fitbit to Strava.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The first step works great, But the problem I am having is when I’m trying to authorize access it doesn’t work.  The first photo is when I try to log into my Strava to authorize, I click my name To login to Strava and I’m redirected back to the same page F7D24432-B127-4061-8A07-553F508F4EDD.png

ED7FFC41-E0CD-4817-81A1-5606EEA21949.png

Best Answer

Ohh, I see. That is actually a totally different thing and is not the way to connect the two accounts but a service that allows you to see Strava runs within an Ionic app on the watch. If you wan't to sync your Fitbit and Strava  accounts you need to follow the steps in my previous message.

Go to strava.fitbit.com in a browser not in the Fitbit app and follow the instructions there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @raduenoiu and @bfleet.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

@raduenoiu Thanks for being round to help! @bfleet thanks for sharing all of those details on what is going on and for sharing those screenshots.

@bfleet Could you let us know if you were able to sync your Strava and Fitbit account? 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I got it synced and working. Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

Hello @bfleet.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for letting me know that you did get them to sync.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes