Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava reporting wrong activity times.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a Fitbit problem or a Strava problem, but I have tried to unlink the accounts from both sides already. Basically, since like 3-4 days ago, Strava stopped giving correct times for activities uploaded from my Ionic. I would do a run at 7 o'clock and it would show up as 3 o'clock. Another problem that I encountered after unlinking the Strava and Fitbit accounts was that Strava would say that they my activities would not contain heart rate. I can't find this setting, it would be great if someone could help me.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and labels.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

How's it going @supersmart01234? Good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response, I noticed you haven't received an official answer yet. How often is this issue happening?

You did good by trying to unlink your Strava and Fitbit account as a way to troubleshoot this issue. I'm wondering if the activity is showing correctly in your Fitbit account though? You mentioned that the heart rate is not in the activities. The way this integration works, is that heart rate is only contained if the activity has GPS data; from there my questions about your exercise.

As an alternative, you can upload a TCX file to your Strava account for those exercises that hasn't synced correctly. This will also help as a way to test if the issue is recurrent even with a manual upload. For more details to export TCX files, review this help article: How do I export Fitbit data?

See you later and let me know how it goes and if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I've already talked to Fitbit Support... They told me to talk to Strava support. I don't really like the idea of exporting a file every time I do an activity though. I'll try though. Waiting on my answer from Strava Support right now.

Thanks for trying though.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes
Strava is also changing the times for me. Not only that, but it’s adding in an extra run— at a different time and with slightly different but similar step counts. Essentially it is double-counting the steps. Fitbit chat and phone support couldn’t solve issue. I unlinked/uninstalled Stava and then linked it again. Have restarted ionic multiple times. No solutions.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution for this? I am having this problem too.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes