Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava won't sync to my Fitbit app anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got an Inspire3 for Christmas and walks and maps transferring to my Strava, until last Sunday. Ever since even though maps and activities show in Fitbit app but don’t go to Strava. 

I’ve removed and removed and replaced installed, followed all instructions and still nothing

Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Hi @MarkFizz you removed what? 

Strava does not sync with your Inspire 3, Strava should sync with your fitbit account. 

Let's remove Strava from fitbit, then setup the connection with fitbit. 

Best Answer

Sorry maybe didn’t explain properly.  I have Strava on iPhone along with Fitbit app.  I removed both from phone and unpaired the inspire as well 

I then reinstalled and configured but still no cigar

Best Answer

Confirming the same problem on my Android device. Fitbit suddenly stopped syncing two weeks ago. I have done all the troubleshooting steps such as disconnecting the apps and reconnecting. Nothing syncs at all anymore.

Best Answer

Only way I can get stuff to Strava is download tcx file and manually upload

Best Answer

Same here - I have been on two online chats with Fitbit and now in contact with Strava - waiting for their reply. Really frustrating isn't it. 

Best Answer

It looks like FitBit is closing down.  Google has removed open groups, all Challenges and all third party app support for FitBit devices and accounts starting in 30 days.

Best Answer

Yes I think you’re right.  Strava said definitely Fitbit issue then after literally hours trying to get a resolution from Fitbit someone from there on an online chat said it’s a Directors decision to stop link with Strava! Have stopped my Premium Subscription - I wouldn’t have bought my Sense if I’d known - really poor from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I received this reply from Fitbit. 

Hi, Rich. We don't have any information about this yet. But we are still supporting third-party apps like Strava.

For Strava, Fitbit sends your data to Strava. 

With other Apps, they access fitbit to retrieve your data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m afraid my Fitbit doesn’t send my GPS activities to Strava despite trying several calls and online chats to Fitbit so not working for me. 

Best Answer

Well that’s the theory but not what happens in reality.  Got my device for Christmas and had a few weeks of it working …. I think I might have updated the app and now only way I can get it to work is to manually upload which I sometimes forget to do it

Best Answer

This continuously works for me. I even tried to break it (disconnect/reconnect). Still works 🤔 all my runs get to Strava instantly. It's bizzare that for some accounts it works while for others don't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s interesting - mine seemed to stop when I updated my Sense and/or App (wish I hadn’t now!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep mine has gone wrong since apps updated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MandyJaneT it's highly unlikely the app is involved in the sharing to Strava. It's Fitbit's backend that seems to have trouble with the task. I use latest app, latest FW on my watch and like I said, no issuse. Some users reported that Strava works for newly created Fitbit account and that also indicates glitch in the backend. Unfortunatelly  I doubt Fitbit is looking into it. Too busy with removing features that actually work.

Best Answer

Same here. I’ve had no problems for years, now it won’t sync. Is there an official response from FitBit somewhere?

Best Answer

FitBit is not on these forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CoreyMac this thread pagan old stale thread and was resolved almost a year ago. 

If you currently have an issue with Strava, please create a new thread. Your issue is unrelated to the server issue fitbit had a year ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit on Twitter and got a quick response.  They checked my set up and confirmed it was correct.  They have checked activity that hasn’t shown in Strava and confirm there’s a problem and referred to their tech guys   Still waiting for further update but told they will contact once resolved 

Best Answer

Thanks Mark for the update, I've just found this thread and found it really helpful as my GPS stopped working this week / connecting and syncing with Strava! Its been so frustrating after trying all the suggestions with no solution! Hopefully they will get it sorted soon. 

Best Answer