Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!!

I am completely confused! I sync at night before bed, so I can see how I have done through the day, but for some reason, although it shows on the fitbit app how much I have eaten through the day when I put it on MFP, the calories I have burned on my surge do not show up on MFP... What am I doing wrong??

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Forums @OnePerson. If your Fitbit account is not syncing with your MFP account, I would you to re-link the two accounts by doing the following:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

When I check MFP, it says the Blaze is connected.  It even is logging my steps.  But when I do a work out it doesn't log the exercise calories at all. 

What I've tried already-

Restart Blaze on New Account, Make New MFP account. 

Add Blaze to Devices on new MFP account.

Hold down all buttons until Blaze re-starts.  Pair with phone again.

Tried pairing it via computer on web page version of MFP

Removed both APPs from Phone, re-downloaded.  Restarted Phone and Fit Bit

Added UA record APP, and Map my Fitness App.  Added FitBit to Map my fitness App

Tried Adding again on Website.

Looked through website version of FitBit App for something I was missing.

Started over again with FitBit and MFP, using the same email address and password, Don't know why I thought that would help.

Searched the forums on MFP and here.  Google.  Nothing.

What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any body?  I'm going to try working out with map my fitness on tonight and see if it pushes the information over...but if anyone has a better idea, I'm listening.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xzy123 it looks as if you have tried a lot of things. The MFP-Fitbit link happens in the cloud so this is where we need to look. 

First you need to decide which MFP account to use, then go to web and log into this one. 

Let's then look at @AlejandraFitbit post above for details on the revoke and reconnect process. 

Best Answer

I've done everything that is listed above.  

Yesterday I got this thing to pair with the bluetooth no problem, and it's paired now.  But it won't send me my texts or calls.  I'm returning it.  It's not worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything in above post.  Still isn't sending over the information.  I know it is paired because mfp tells me my steps with no problem.  It just won't send over my work out data.  

Now it's not synching on the app, and it will tell me the song playing, but won't send over my bluetooth calls and texts (phone right next to me)

I've restarted, reinstalled, unpaired, paired.  Reinstalled the apps twice.  Nothing.  This is just a major time suck.  Back to the store it goes.  Also, I have bubbles on my screen when I press the two right buttons.  Obviously the thing has problems.  Shame on fitbit.  Crap product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all this.  Four times now.  It isn't working.  I bought this for this exact purpose. and it won't do it.  So frustrating.  This is taking up a lot of time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I thought if I re-paired it the bluetooth issues woudl get better.  Nope.  it's paired alright.  If I don't know what song I'm listening to it can take care of that, but as for my calls. Nothing.  I've never had an issue with my phones blue tooth before this thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xzy123 thanks for the update! Well, if you've tried what @AlejandraFitbit & @Rich_Laue have suggested to no avail, then I recommend contacting our Support Team for further research. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into the situation! 

Good luck and keep me posted! Cat Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit steps will not stay synced.  If I disconnect/revoke access and reconnect it does sync for that time period but will not stay synced.  I paid 49.99 for my subscription and it has not worked for at least 3 weeks now.  I would like a partial refund if the issue will be fixed and if not a full refund.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarianneB.

I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you are saying. Could you a bit more in-depth into the situation?

As for the $49.99, what exactly did you pay it for? Is it for MyFitnesPal Premium?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes