Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Sweat Coin to connect with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello All.  I would like FitBit to add an app to our resources of apps.  The app is called "Sweat Coin".  Sweat Coin pays you money to walk.  Please vote yes to have this app join the fitbit community.

Thanks

P.S.  If someone has figured out a way to sync this app to fitbit please let me/us know how.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

There are already various 3rd party apps that provide this. Virgin, Walmart, achievement are just a few. 

Best Answer
Thanks. Wld u be so kind & tell me how to connect?
Best Answer

I did a Google search and have not found a way.. As I said the best thing to do is contact Sweat Coin any connection to Fitbit will have to start with them. 

Best Answer
Okay thanks.
Best Answer

I want a sweat coin thing for Fitbit too.

Best Answer

Let me know too

Best Answer

What was Sweat Coin's response when they where asked?? A Fitbit connection is in their court, not fitbit's. 

Best Answer

Fitbit is responsible for some 3rd party integrations, therefore a Fitbit-SweatCoin integration could also be done by Fitbit.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

True but it is after the third party approaches Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I don't think there is a way to sync. Any updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thx.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the response I just received in my email:

Hello Laurie C.,

Thanks for using Sweatcoin and for getting in touch!

Sweatcoin does see your FitBit steps, however cannot convert these steps into Sweatcoins if you do not have your phone on you.

The reason for this is that the App’s algorithm removes steps that are not likely directly from exercise (30% of FitBit steps can come from other means in our experience – check out this link for more info) to eliminate the possibility of cheating.

We have started integrations with other wearables (currently only Apple Watch 2/3) and hope to add FitBit devices when we can nail the integration. After all the value of Sweatcoin will depend on our ability to ensure that every Sweatcoin that goes into circulation is earned by someone’s sweat.

Thanks for your understanding and happy Sweatcoining!

Best Answer

Hello there Fitbit friends and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community to share your feedback and information about Sweat Coin.

As you already found out, Fitbit is not officially compatible with Sweat Coin, however this doesn't mean it won't work since there are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours. However keep in mind the functionality may present certain limitations.

Also is important to mention Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app. Unless there's some sort of limitation on Fitbit's side, is safe to assume this fall entirely in the third party developer's end. Just as the information that @LaurieC64 kindly share with us.

See you later and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

It cannot be synced to Fitbit because we don’t use GPS if they make a Fitbit that has GPS then I’m sure they will partner. On the sweat coin app in the help section it hints towards partnerships with wearable companies. So far it is compatible with most existing smart watches that have GPS

Best Answer

@Melvin666???

Fitbit currently has the Ionic that has built in GPS and the Surge also has built in GPS.

The Versa, Blazer, Charge 3, Charger 2 all have connected GPS.

As for any steps that transfer from Fitbit to Strava, they need to be recorded with Fitbit and all the models I list above will work.

It probably will require Sweat Coin to approach Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have been waiting 2 years for ionic Fitbit to provide access to SC and track my steps. Any new info on that? I would think after two years Fit bit would have found an algorithm to convert the steps specially when Ionic has GPS. Do they need to hire special developers to do that? Or is it not cost effective. Rather know now before I buy a new watch that supports more third party apps.

Best Answer

On the ionic, it uses the GPS to record a map and distance during a run. 

It uses the ionic a step algorithm to record the users steps. 

I'm not sure what conversion you want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would be an awesome feature and could also bring new costumers to Fitbit if you were able to make a deal with sweet coin you could also put Fitbit bands and maybe even devices in their shop. That would benefit you and sweat coin

Best Answer

The decision is up to SC, see their response above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes