Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming timing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using Charge 4. Using it for swimming at the pool and unfortunately

1.  I can't rely on it to help remind me of my laps

2. Once uploaded, the time is rounded to the nearest minutes. Can i view it in mm:ss? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Djenggo. Welcome to Community Forums.

I appreciate you share your experience with the Community. I'd recommend you check this article, How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? so you can track accurately your swims.

Regarding the calculation of time, you can always divide the total time within 60 secs and get a result on minutes and seconds from your laps.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @LucioFitbit ,

I followed the link provided by you and stumbled in the table under the section What are my options for swim tracking with my Fitbit device?

Can you help me to understand the difference between the first 2 columns because I'm confused.

Thanks

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dopovo, it's good to have you back.

Thanks for the comments and information provided. I would like to share this with you:

• The first column refers to SmartTrack, the function that devices use to auto-detect exercises. If you use SmartTrack, depending on the device, only this will be recorded and only that will appear in the app (swim lengths, duration, distance, and pace).

• The second column refers to the Exercise app, which is the one used by the user to manually start or end an activity from their device and only record: swim lengths, duration, distance, and pace.

It must be taken into account that this information will mostly be in the app but in most devices it will not be seen on the watch during the exercise.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot @LucioFitbit for clarification however I think the table has quite many mistakes.

In particular the trackers Charge 4 (as evident by the post by @Djenggo  that you likely didn't read carefully), Charge 5, Inspire HR, Inspire 2, Inspire 3 and Luxe can no track swim lenghts in the exercise app hence the checkamrk should on the 3rd column rather than the middle one.

I'm surprised about the many mistakes lately present in the Fitbit documentation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @LucioFitbit any follow up on my comment? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes