Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimtag activity report question

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Swimtag has just successfully reported a swim to my Fitbit account - distance, duration and calories are all correct. There's on major anomaly: There's a heart rate trace from my Fitbit which was safely shut away in a locker during the swim! Not just a flat lime but the first 20 min of the swim wiggling around the 110 bpm mark and the second 20 min wiggling around the 70 bpm mark. How was this possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @KANdoit, I'm not so sure about Swimtag since it doesn't appear as a supported integration. Although I can assume your hear rate data shows on your Fitbit account too, even when you were not wearing your tracker.

It will depend what is near of the locker or if something is causing vibrations; even the small vibration can activate your heart rate sensor causing your tracker pick some data even when you are not wearing it. I had a similar experience when I was watching a movie with my sound system. The small vibrations of the speakers sometimes lights up the sensor showing some peaks of heart rate in my Dashboard.

If there isn't a logical explanation and the issue persists, try restarting your hear rate sensor using the steps from this post. Note that steps are only if the traces of hear rate information are visible on your Fitbit Dashboard too.

Let me know if you have more questions. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes