Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync wanted with Sleep Cycle app!!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been a Sleep Cycle app user for a few years and just purchased a Surge. I've tried using the sleep tracking functionality on my Surge...but not a big fan. The watch is uncomfortable to wear to bed due to the bulkiness and how sticky/grabby the band is on the bedding. I wish there was data integration available to sync the Sleep Cycle data with my Surge (as it does with MyFitnessPal). Good product...I like it a lot...but wish it had this integration.
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13
I've been a Sleep Cycle app user for a few years and just purchased a Surge. I've tried using the sleep tracking functionality on my Surge...but not a big fan. The watch is uncomfortable to wear to bed due to the bulkiness and how sticky/grabby the band is on the bedding. I wish there was data integration available to sync the Sleep Cycle data with my Surge (as it does with MyFitnessPal). Good product...I like it a lot...but wish it had this integration.
Best Answer
Best Answer

@Sdmoore I agree with you on the bulkiness of the Surge.  I had the same problem with the band catching on pillows and blankets.  Now with the multi-tracker capability I switch over to the Charge HR for sleep and the smaller band and tracker works much better for me.  That would be my suggestion if you want the heart rate data from your sleep and want the auto tracking of sleep.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

You need to ask the people over at Sleep Cycle to integrate the apps. Fitbit makes an open API available to 3rd party developers to integrate the apps. They do not do any integration on their own.

Also, I have merged your posts together. It is not necessary to multi-post the same issue.

Best Answer

I agree - this would be awesome.

Is it at all possible? 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Welcome to the forums!

I agree with @SunsetRunner. Please reach out to Sleep Cycle for them to take advantage of the open API Fitbit offers to make an integration. I was able to find their contact information. You can see it here.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reached out to "Sleep as Android" and they said Fitbit only supplies preprocesed data which is not enough for their needs. Are there any plans to provide raw realtime accelerometric data? Other companies have provided this data, as Sleep as Android works with several other similar products. I would love it if they could use my Fitbit to track my sleep and send me gentle wake up and lucid dreaming cues.
Best Answer

The eternal fight between API devs- who's responsible for the feature ? 

Best Answer

Hi there @Uvires, great to see you in the Forums! At the moment, we don't have any news on something like this being worked on but you might want to share your suggestion in the Feature Suggestions board.

@Rmseason17, welcome aboard as well! 🙂

You might want to reach out to Sleep Cycle support for this.

Anything else, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another problem is I do not carry my phone all day so the steps Life Cycle records is underestimated. It would be great if Fitbit and Life Cycle talked to each other. I love both apps!!

Best Answer

Hey there @PatGr. Great to see you around! 🙂

When it comes to syncing, you don't really need to sync very often if you don't have the phone with you. In fact, you can leave your tracker without syncinf for up to a month. It will store your detailed minute by minute information for the last 7 days and daily totals for the other 23 days. Once you have a chance, sync your tracker and it will immediately update your information to any other apps that communicate with Fitbit.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Best Answer

Im confused. He told you guys that you are the problem because you won't release the data SAA needs to properly track sleep cycles and then you advised he reach out to them again? That's not very comforting to say the least. And like he said, your competitors have done what you haven't...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like the Ionic sleep data to sync with Sleep Cycle to combine the data

Best Answer
0 Votes