Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Fitbit Charge 4 with running app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone recommend the easiest running app for my Fitbit Charge 4 to sync with? I have been struggling with this all day. Most of the races in my area have gone virtual and require that I upload my results from an app. It would be great if I could share my results to a web site without having to use another app. The simplest solution appreciated! Thank you

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @BobbyCT and welcome to the Help forums.  Here is a link to the page with Fitbit's compatible apps.   There are several fitness tracking apps.  I don't know which ones might be more likely to work with your virtual races.  Strava and Map My Run seem to be popular with users.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LZeeW,

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately Map My Run is listed on Fitbit as a compatible app so I downloaded it only to find that Map My Run does not list Fitbit as a compatible device. I assumed I must have been doing something wrong but I had my daughter and some of her techy type friends try to figure out what I was doing wrong and they all said the same thing, "Map My Run does not list Fitbit as a supported device". 

To make matters worse, my Fitbit Charge 4 only recorded half my course on my race on Saturday. This is the second time it only recorded half the route. It recorded the time, pace, steps, mileage, etc but not the course. As a result, my race times would not be accepted in a virtual world. In addition, the distance run is way off. I have run several times with my running friends and when we compare distances run, the Fitbit is always off by 10-20% compared to their Garmins and Suunto and Coros watches. I love my Fitbit but I am beginning to think I need to also wear a more accurate GPS watch. 

Best Answer