Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing fitbit and strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Evening all, I got a Charge HR and have been loving it, yesterday I created a Strava account and today attempted to use them both on a hillwalk...a few things happened...both Strava and Fitbit recorded different distances and Fitbit recorded the walk last night. Never had this problem with Fitbit before so am assuming this has something to do with Strava...can anyone help, I've tried to re-sync but made no difference.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Nicola1, it nice to see new faces around in the Fitbit Community. I wonder how you are  recording your exercise? Did you use any feature of the app or your tracker?

Keep in mind exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Also heart rate data will be included when it's available. Now exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or your tracker that do not include GPS data wont be sent to Strava. If the exercise is recorded with Strava it will be synced to Fitbit as a manually logged activity, but it wont include Heart rate or GPS information.

I would like to know more details on about your exercise and the issue you had, so I can provide a better answer. Although the best troubleshoot to offer is to revoke access to the Strava and set it up again:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava account

See you around and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Nicola1, it nice to see new faces around in the Fitbit Community. I wonder how you are  recording your exercise? Did you use any feature of the app or your tracker?

Keep in mind exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Also heart rate data will be included when it's available. Now exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or your tracker that do not include GPS data wont be sent to Strava. If the exercise is recorded with Strava it will be synced to Fitbit as a manually logged activity, but it wont include Heart rate or GPS information.

I would like to know more details on about your exercise and the issue you had, so I can provide a better answer. Although the best troubleshoot to offer is to revoke access to the Strava and set it up again:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava account

See you around and keep me posted how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am having a similar issue.  I did a run this morning using my Fitbit Blaze, I set it to record with GPS and for some reason it has not synced with my Strava while I did a run yesterday and it synced fine. Is there a way to export my run and import the data into Strava? Its just if I unlink the accounts and relink them my run will not be imported as it does not import past activities.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit hasn't been syncing to strava since yesterday at least.. There is also an issue with manually exporting activities from the fitbit website.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jaxouk and welcome to the Fitbit Community @MrsBeast.

How often is this happening? Is the issue still persisting? Have you tried to revoke the access as I have suggested before. When in comes about integrations this is the best recommendation in case there are syncing issues between both accounts.

I'm not sure if Strava accept exported GPS data.  Although from Fitbit you can export a TCX file that contain your GPS activity information. This option is available from the online Dashboard under your exercise history. Select the Exercise that contain GPS information and select "View Details". In the upper bar of details you will see three dots that display a menu where you can find the option to export.

See you around and let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a sync issue between the 2 apps, I have revoked access on both Strava and Fitbit and tried to re-connect multiple times but the "internal error :500" keeps showing up. After the error shows up, in both accounts it shows that the apps are connected but the data never seem to upload after syncing my Fitbit to the mobile app.

Best Answer
0 Votes