Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing my Fitbit One and Map My Walk

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit One and I have tried numerous times to sync it with Map My Walk. Every time I try, I get the error message "Fitbit registration failed - Temporary token expired" I have been a registered Fitbit member for years - not understanding what this error message means?

I was able successfully link My Fitness Pal with Map My Walk on the first try.

Do you have any suggestions to help me link Fitbit to Map My Walk?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@kiapple It's nice to have you on board! I would like you to try using different browsers and clear cache. Also, make sure you're doing this procedure to link both accounts: Go to MapmyWalk > My Workouts > Import Workout. 

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@brinHar It's great to have you here! You should click on My home > Import workout > Fitbit. (see the picture below) 

Also, Fitbit will sync just distance and calories to MapMyWalk and no data will sync from MapMyWalk to Fitbit. 

importworkout.png

Let me know how it goes. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@kiapple It's nice to have you on board! I would like you to try using different browsers and clear cache. Also, make sure you're doing this procedure to link both accounts: Go to MapmyWalk > My Workouts > Import Workout. 

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
It worked the first try! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kiapple I'm happy to know that Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I wonder if it's ok to jump on someone else's thread, but I have a funny issue with the distances.

I've synced my One to mapmywalk with no problem. But yesterday and today's workouts have different distances than what is recorded on the Fitbit! (i.e. on Fitbit today's activity distance is 3.35 miles whereas on mapmywalk it tallied 3.61 miles.)

I believe the Fitbit step amount since it's attached to me and the phone is just in my hand, but wouldn't the map be correct for distance? I mean, I used real streets.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@theclevercat We love to see you here! Yes, you can post your question on someone's else thread so we can help each other. 

It's fine that you're getting different results from Fitbit and MapMyWalk because your One will track your data using the information that you entered when you created your Fitbit profile while MMW will use a GPS to track the distance.

Additionally, you may want to check How does my tracker calculate distance?

Best Answer

Thanks, Silvia! 

So calculated my stride length and updated it on my settings... it didn't change past distances, but it should give me a closer distance to what MMW determines in the future, right? I really want my distances to be tracked as closely and correctly as possible, but no surprise there, right? Heh.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@theclevercat That's correct. Now that you set your stride length, the distances that you had before aren't going to change however, the distance that you're going to track now is based in that information. 

No, the distance won't match with MMW because, Fitbit will track your distance based in your stride length. Instead MMW will track the distance based in the GPS data. 

You don't need to use MMW to track running or walking activities because your tracker was made for that. 

Best Answer

Sounds good. I really just like the maps/pictures I end up drawing on MMW! 😉

Thanks again, Silvia!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, I have linked both accounts more than once.  I do not see "import workout" on mapmywalk

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dianegabrick It's nice to have you here! You mentioned that you already linked both accounts, to make sure that both are linked please go to your Dashboard > click on settings > Applications . Just keep in mind that MapMyWalk activity doesn't sync to Fitbit. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Did you find out where the "import workout" function is in Map My Walk. I'm having the same issue. Both apps "say" they are syncing with each other, but no workouts show up in MapMyWalk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brinHar It's great to have you here! You should click on My home > Import workout > Fitbit. (see the picture below) 

Also, Fitbit will sync just distance and calories to MapMyWalk and no data will sync from MapMyWalk to Fitbit. 

importworkout.png

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
Thank you! That worked out. I didn’t realize you had to go on the desktop to do it.
Best Answer
Since having a baby 8wks ago, I've been using 'map my walk' when out and about with the stroller. I 'upgraded' and bought a Fitbit Alta but have found it doesn't track when I'm pushing the stroller. Is there a way I can have the MMW stats imported so they count for my Fitbit tracking? Many thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Millarbelle It's great to see you around! Fitbit will sync distance and calories to MapMyWalk and MMW won't sync any information to Fitbit. Currently, it's not possible to import that data in your Dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my workouts are not synking to mapmyfitness.  I have tried everything to get it to sync.  I track my walks on my fitbit.  I want them to sync to mapmyfitness.  that is not happening. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dorissilva Welcome to the Community! Fitbit will sync distance and calories to MapMyFitness and MapMyFitness won't sync any information to Fitbit. 

You may want to post the idea about syncing the whole exercise to MMF in our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas on the board soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i do understand that Mapmyfitness will not track to fitbit.  MY problem is that fitbit workouts are to loading and syncing into mapmyfitness. I have followed all of your instructions on the feed above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dorissilva Workouts or logged activities in Fitbit will not sync over to MapMyWalk. Only steps, distance, calories and weight will sync from Fitbit to MapMyWalk. The 'workouts' section in MapMyWalk are only for activities recorded through MapMyWalk.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer