Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The state of HR data and syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, i bought a fitbit charge 2 recently, and i love the device.
Sadly as it currently stands i am seriously considering just returning it and deleting my fitbit account, because the platform itself is not as good as the device.

I was able to setup a sync from endomondo, but i notice no HR data is coming through, only calories and duration. So its missing in my HR graph on the fitbit dashboard.
As i take my workouts serious, i want accurate HR data that an electrical HR band provides. So whenever i run/bike i put my fitbit on the charger, and wear the far more accurate HR band with my favorite specialized biking computer and platform. This is not a complaint against the charge, i do not expect it to serve that purpose, but i want that accurate HR data anyway on my fitbit dashboard.

These systems are tailored for specific sports, with cadance, wattage, speed, etcc... Currently you do not sell a similar device. These are not devices competing with yours, but devices that suplement the capabilities of what fitbit is selling.

So why, can HR data not be imported automatically. Am i required to return the fitbit and get a similar device from a serious sports vendor, just to have everything neatly integrated on one platform? Cause i like the fitbit a lot better as a daily activity tracker, its just not a sports watch, and i require both.

Can this somehow be fixed? I'm sure a many people are in similar situations, as i've found a lot of posts similar to mine while googling. I've been using these kind of platforms for 5 years, garmin connect, endomondo, strava, runkeeper. Most of these sync with all data intact, so i just assumed fitbit with its hype/popularity would provide at the minimal a similar experience...

Otherwise, good job on the charge 2, its a sleek device!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @DimitriD, thank you for joining to the Fitbit Community. I appreciate your insight about the Fitbit app and the Charge 2, I found very interesting your comments.

At the moment is not possible to share heart rate data with other third party services. In the case of Endomondo only workouts logged on Endomondo will be displayed on Fitbit. As only steps, distance, and sleep will sync from Fitbit to Endomondo.

I am happy to hear you really liked the Charge 2, in fact it was developed considering all the feedback from our users. So If this is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future. 

Thank you again for your Feedback and hope to see you again.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same frustration.  I have been a user of Fitbit HR devices for a few years now.  First with multiple Charge HR monitors and most recently the Charge 2.  I love the design and features of these devices but IMO the HR technology leaves much to be desired.  As verified by much more accurate HR monitors I have seen my actual heart rate be between 150 and 160 bpm and only register in the 100 to 110 range on the Charge.  Even more troubling there have been times where my HR is actually still climbing only to have the Charge indicated it as decreasing, being off as many as 40 bpm. 

I am serious about having this data as accurate as possible as it is a big part of my fitness routine.  I have purchased a more accurate HR belt to use with Endomondo for this purpose.  My hope was to use the 3rd party device to track my HR during my interval training routines and transfer that via syncing to my Fitbit data so I would have all of my data in one place. Unfortunately I have not been able to successfully make this happen.  The calorie count from Endomondo overwrites my Fitbit calories just fine but the Fitbit HR data is retained.  This is very disappointing.  I am going to try one last thing but I fear it will not work.  I plan on turning off the HR monitoring function on my Charge 2 while capturing HR data via the HR belt and Endomondo, then syncing my Fitbit and Endomondo accounts to see if the Endomondo HR data is imported into my Fitbit account data......fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BonitoRoad, let me give you the warmest welcome to the Fitbit Community! I understand the need to have the most accurate data in one place as this is an important part of your routine. 

Many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services. For more details please take a look to the following article: Third Party Apps - FAQ.

In addition I would like to recommend some tips for HR accuracy:

• Tighten the band just enough so it isn't slipping around on your wrist. Your tracker needs a solid contact with your arm to reliably track your heart rate. 
  • Move the band to a slightly different position on your arm—a little higher or a little lower. Moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently.

Take care and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes