Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for fitbit to write to MMR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Come on please allow fitbit to write to Map My Run, I posted here a long time ago and also contacted fitbit and MMR separate and still to this day it does not sync.

Fitbit - Strava = No problem

Fitbit - MMR = limited data shared

I'd love to only have to start 1 device when i start/pause a race

Any news if this will be covered and eta if its in progress?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Have you talked to MMR about this? Fitbit has  the same resources offered to both sites. What they decide to do is up to them, not Fitbit, who only has setup and provided the doorway for third party apps. 

If you check this thread out you'll notice that a lot more data syncs between MMR than sync between Strava, which only syncs GPS recorded events. 

I'm moving this comment about third party integration out of the Hardware help forums

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Hi Ian,

Thanks for writing in about this.

The information we receive from Fitbit is limited to total daily steps taken, which is now listed in the 24/7 view on both the app and the dashboard of the website. Unfortunately they do not allow access to their heart rate monitor features, nor do they import any activities, workouts, or sleep to your MapMyFitness account. Fitbit will send weight to MMF if you use a Fitbit Scale. I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

If you have any other questions or issues please feel free to let us know.

Kindly,
Dion"

Best Answer
0 Votes

From MMR Team:

Tim

Hi Ian,

Thanks for writing. The information we receive from Fitbit is limited to daily step and sleep totals. We do not currently have the ability to import workout or heart rate data from any Fitbit device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I also do not have any timeframe for when we might be able to offer this.

Since the information we receive from Fitbit is limited to aggregate step data, we list it in the 24/7 view on both the app and the dashboard on the website. We do not receive time-series data for Fitbit steps, so we cannot complete the daily graph, but the total steps should appear in the "Steps" tile below the graph.

You can view your 24/7 step data here

If you have any other questions or issues please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

So, why is it that the cannot be cross communication?

Best Answer
0 Votes