Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trainerize workout doesn't show up on Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I use Trainerize with my personal trainer for strengthening training / weightlifting and even though my Trainerize app and Fitbit are connected, my workouts don't show up on Fitbit. Not as an activity nor as a workout. I've already disconnected and connected the apps a couple of times as described on this post https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Fitbit-not-syncing-with-Trainerize-after-update/m-p/3591414 but my workouts still don't show up on Fitbit - and they're correctly logged on Trainerize. Any steps to fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @FeAlmeida as described, in the posted link, since you have disconnected, and linked the two accounts. If there still is a failure, the next step is to reach out to tenderize, since they send the data to fitbit. 

Once we can confirm that data is being properly sent, tenderize can approach fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, just heard back from Trainerize team and I'd recommend Fitbit to update not only its systems/integrations but also its documentation/help center content/ app tooltips:

I think I know what might be going on here, actually! 

Just to clarify, workouts logged in Trainerize do not actually pull over to Fitbit. The connection is a one-way pull that Fitbit allows us to pull data from their servers to sync over to our platform, but not vice versa.

We are working on improving and expanding some of our partnerships to expand the possibility of two-way connections as you've mentioned, but as it currently works, most of the wearable integrations are just one way (pulling from the various third parties to our application). This is often just a limitation of the way the various third parties work in their connectivity - they allow connections to pull from their software, but to send data to their service it requires their development team to enable/implement something like this.

If you'd like to read more about the logic of how the Fitbit integration works, give this a quick read: How to sync cardio and other activities through Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FeAlmeida it is possible to sync back into Fitbit account but thirdparty app must do a push of data. This is how I sync activities like swimming which come from another source. So that's not entirely true what Trainerize says. With other brands this isn't problem either (I sync Zwift and Rouvy into Garmin account). Trainerize is able to do such sync but won't. Most likey because it's not worth to spend time on developing and later, maintaining it. Especially, that Fitbit platform would not be able to store any relevant information due to its simplicity (same case as with Zwift).

Best Answer
0 Votes