Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA apps vs FitBit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am new to this, jut got a Charge 4 on Friday.  It appears the MyFitnesPal app is better for entering recipes and food, and it sends that to FitBit. Anyone else agree or disagree and why?

I just got back from a 5 mile on and off road bike ride.  I used the Charge 4 to track it and the MapMyRide UA app on my phone.  Both had very similar maps and data, so it appears accuracy isn't an issue.  I know using the GPS on the Charge 4 uses a lot of battery.  But it appears the FitBit web dashboard has much more detail than the MapMyRide webpage.  Again, agree or disagree and why?

Im leaning toward using the MyFitnessPal for logging food and water, and the Charge 4 for activity tracking, then the FitBit dashboard for overall details.  Just curious what others are doing and why.

I will be adding multi day hikes and kayaking to my activities as the weather gets better.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It use to be that users let Fitbit send their activity to their Map My account. They entered their food through the Map My app and let the Map My app decide how much to eat. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dispatcher7 My personal opinion is that Fitbit is an excellent fitness platform but the food intake portion is, although functional, a bit limited, especially out of US due to the small food database.

Luckily Fitbit provides excellent possibility of integration with 3rd party nutrition trackers.

I did lots of tests with several nutrition tracker and unfortunately I found MyFitnessPal very unreliable with many downtimes.

I'm happily using LoseIt that however needs a premium subscription to achieve Fitbit integration but it is much better than MFP. Just my opinion.

Best Answer
Thank you.

Mark Drescher
Best Answer
0 Votes