Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone- I've merged several posts together. 

Our team is currently aware that as of last Thursday, Withing scales users are unable to access the Withings link and may not be able to sync or setup their scale with Fitbit. We are working on a fix and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

My nokia scale stopped syncing on 9/18. - I went through the old threads looking for the instructions on how to set up the sync thinking I would just do what I did last time to get it working again.

But https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings page cannot be found. It is throwing a 404 error. 

Best Answer

i have exactly the same problem and I don't know how to link them again...

Best Answer

I have the same issue as well..

Best Answer

As of 9/16/19 my withings scale is no longer updating in the fitbit app.  I've tried all the old posts and they don't go anywhere to fix this issue.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @candiland791.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with Withings Scale. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is no longer syncing to properly to my withings scale. As of this morning my new weights and stats are not be uploaded to my watch. I did not change anything in my system. Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can we be updated on progress of this issue resolution?  

Best Answer

The fitbit page (link below) to connect Withings is down too.  Can we recieved an outage status on that as well?

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

Best Answer

What I don’t understand. This is now the 4th time this happened. 
many people complained every time again but the only info we get is have patience we working on it. 

And: “ thank you for your understanding. ”
but as I already told I don’t understand it. 

Best Answer

It was working fine.  Does FitBit prefer that I use another app or continue to go their site and app?  I don't understand how it stops working after working fine for so long...

Best Answer

Hi

It's also not working for me. Right as I was reaching my goals. This is so disappointing

This disappointment makes me what to eat cake. By the time its fixed ill have gained 10 pounds !

Best Answer

I'm not angry at you specifically. It's whoever made the decision to cut down on quality control personnel or time for testing who made the mistake. There are plenty of Withing scales out there and testing the transfer of data should have been in the check list.

I'm old enough to remember when the US auto companies made the same mistake and lost much of their market to German and Japanese companies. Now complaints travel faster and farther then they ever could before. No tech company is immune to customers walking away.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit

The link you posted for reconnecting the scale to Fitbit now gives a 404 error. I tried other forums where they link to the page for linking the two apps but they are all the same and they all give the same error. Is there a new link I can use? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I didn’t post a link but am aware of the problems. The general solution is to reconnect the scale with Withings, and then re-establish the Fitbit account connection to your Withings account.

If that doesn’t work, from what I’ve read contact Withings customer service. They appear to be more responsive. Probably for marketing reasons, Fitbit is only paying lip service to these issues and not really doing anything to truly solve them.

Sent from Jim Napolitano's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing to understand is they don't care. Otherwise they would do regression testing for these sorts of things.

Best Answer

After the update, Fitbit stopped importing data from the Withings Healthmate App. Is there a fix?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I totally agree this should be part of the standard automated regression testing. This is not some odd edge case that might be hard to anticipate.  It is broken for all Withings scales and it sounds like it is not the first time.  

Best Answer

Same! Please help!

Best Answer

Same. I thought I would try unlinking the accounts and re-linking them, but when I go to re-add it, Withings isn't even listed as a compatible app anymore. In fact, look at the list of compatible apps, it seems to have gotten considerably shorter.

Best Answer