Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone- I've merged several posts together. 

Our team is currently aware that as of last Thursday, Withing scales users are unable to access the Withings link and may not be able to sync or setup their scale with Fitbit. We are working on a fix and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Same here... needs a fix!

Best Answer

The Withings/Fitbit integrations breaks all the time and this is just the most recent incident. Fitbit is just really BAD at maintaining this feature or just doesn't care that its so buggy. 

I tried removing the connection and re-adding it, but the Withings Connection Wizard to even set up the connection is broken. Its supposed to be at this link: https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

So it looks like both the setup for new connections and syncing for existing connections are broken. 

It's ridiculous that this feature isn't given enough priority by the people running Fitbit - having the app and scale seamlessly work together is such a big part of the user experience. Being able to import my Withings data to my FitBit dashboard is like 90% of the reason I regularly use the app, and having my favorite activity tracker (FitBit) with my favorite weight scale (Withings) data all in one place makes me want to use the tracker/app more.

It's basic business sense to maintain this feature well if they want to earn/retain users... I just don't get it. This probably really hurts FitBit when people in the Withings ecosystem (e.g. people who already have their scale or prefer their scale) want to use a fitness tracker - fitbit is SO unreliable at getting data from the scale that I would just rather use Withing's Health Mate app to monitor my data or end up switching to a Withings tracker because of this godawful, frustrating user experience. How many app/tracker users has fitbit lost, amongst potential customers who are invested in the Withings ecosystem?

Yo FitBit, if you're hiring product managers to oversee development of third-party integrations, call me cause I could really help y'all and it physically pains me to see the mismanagement of such a promising product

Best Answer

I am going to believe the direction of the company is to do much less integration, and force people into a closed ecosystem, until they come out with a strong statement otherwise.

The straight up deletion of the page, the much shorter list of "compatible apps", and the lack of communication about how they are solving this issue all point to a change in corporate strategy. Which makes sense, as their stock is dropping quickly and there are rumors they are seeking to be bought.

This especially makes sense in the context of the poor reception to the premium app, which likely means the company will take increasingly desperate measures to "save itself", most of which so far seem to have been very self-defeating.

Anyone in Fitbit product management reading this... you probably want to do the right thing by your customers, but you have execs demanding you do very short term oriented things. Push back. Fight for your customers. Once you lose our trust, it's impossible to gain it back.

Best Answer

Hi @flyboy1977,

The device and the scale have nothing to do with each other.  I would contact the maker of Withings to see what they suggest.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been incredibly frustrating.

The connection between the FitBit app and the Withings scale was working until about a week ago (Sept-2019).  

I've been going through all the boards on both Withings & Fitbit and can't find any instructions on how to re-establish the connection (I successfully ended the connection as recommended on some forum).

There is no link in either the Withings app or website or the Fitbit app or website to actually establish a connection with the other.

How do I re-establish the connection between the sites/apps?

Best Answer

FYI - So far I've been trying with Chrome on a Chromebook.  Is there a problem here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

not a problem with your browser. the link seems to be removed and not working at the moment. many others are having the same problem. no solution to date. yes, very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I am not able to reconnect the two accounts. When I go under apps into the Health Mate app, Fitbit does not appear as an option. I have tried the link (fitbit.com/weight/withings) that many people posted for reconnecting the two apps, but when I follow the link it says that the page cannot be found. So at the moment I cannot find a way of reconnecting the two accounts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@flyboy1977   For clarification, are you saying that your Withings syncs to your Fitbit account, but then it doesn't update to the weight option of the Today screen on your Ionic?  I do not own a Withings scale, but there seems to be an ongoing, recent issue with Withings and Fitbit.

If you weight does sync to your account, have you tried restarting your Ionic?

In any case, I am going to move your post to the Third-Party Integrations forum.  I think it is a better fit for your issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem the connection just stopped working earlier this week last sync on Wednesday.  The data is on the withings site but not synced to the fit bit app on my phone, desktop or fire.  No obvious way to check the account / link setup .  What a PITA.  FItbit needs to fix this!!!!!!  and don't for one second think that this will get me to by a fitbit scale - not happening.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Same here - no sync since last Wednesday. Would be great to know what‘s going on...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here two they FITBIT changed something on Wednesday that cause this to happen, This company really needs to get there ducks in a row, they are being steam roll.  When you have a stable thing don't tinker with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Really tired of this happening again and again.

Best Answer

Financial news this week:  Fitbit is interested in being sold to Google. Google is interested in purchasing Withings. Promising?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone. That’s totally this issue and I have stated to look at the other thread for answers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Month ago I setup the integration via https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings to have the measurements from my withings scale in the fitbit app. This stopped working around Sept 18 2019. The site https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings just shows a 404 ("UH-OH We've lost you. We cannot find the page you're looking for. Is there a typo in the url?")

Any advice? I would prefer not to rely on an other app to sync the data.

Best Answer

Same here. What's going on? Withings support page says:

The connectivity issue between Withings and Fitbit accounts is now resolved. If you still encounter issues, please contact our Customer Support here. We thank you for your patience.

But I can't even figure out how to manage my Withings connection from Fitbit side.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Nokia scale that was syncing with my Fitbit account. But last week on it stop syncing on Wednesday 9/18/2019. Does anyone know what happened. Did Fitbit do this intentionally to force us to switch to Fitbit scale instead of Nokia.

Best Answer

Hi there @Pcollor, welcome to the Community Forums. I apologize for the delay in my response. 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask you to disconnect the two apps from each other and then connect them again. You can click here to find steps on how to do it. If the steps previously provided work,  please do keep in mind that the data will not sync retroactively, meaning that data that has not synced from previous days will not sync once they are connected again.

I've moved your post to Third-Party Integrations as your post is more related to this board. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you meanwhile.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer