Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

Why don't you post this moderator message at the top of the thread? That would save scrolling through to find out if Fitbit is really as hopeless and as unresponsive as it appears to be. 

Best Answer
Withings Body Cardio integration stopped working August 18,2020. Bring it back. Simple.
Best Answer

My fitbit is just NOT pulling in any weight data.  I have the NOKIA / WITHINGS BODY + which of course works perfectly and sends the data to the HEALTH MATE app in real time.  MyFitnessPal also updates with the data without issue.

So fitbit is not taking any weight data from either the withings OR the MFP...  I have removed/re-added them, I have logged out back in, I have done everything possible and nothing will synch any of my WEIGHT data to the fitbit app.

Is there a current known bug for this where the app is broken and will magically begin working again?  It will not pull from MFP or Withings... very annoyting.

Best Answer

From what I could see it is likely a bug.
Withings seems to have updated their API and fitbit receive an 500 error when making the request showing that fitbit must update their api call in order to fix this

Best Answer

To everyone having the same

problem. I’ve adopted the Weemple solution and it works. You just lose the readings in between installing it and the time the sync stopped working. Given that is only a week for me, wasn’t an issue. 

can only hope that neither Fitbit, nor Withings do something to spoil that method as well. However, given my impression that both ate trying to promote their own competing products, this very well might happen. 

Best Answer
Yep that’s what I have been doing I only lost two days so did manual for
those- still not a good solution for something that is broken and should
work by agreements and design.
Best Answer

Did someone delete my post?  It included all the instructions with screen captures, including alternate ideas what to do if Fitbit can never repair their service.

Best Answer

i didnt see your post @Aric . 😞

meanwhile on the Withings forum an official post is pinnend by the way. on 28th aug

Hello Withingers, 

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know of the issues you've encountered recently syncing your data between Fitbit and Health Mate.  Right now, our dedicated team is aware of these reports and we are hopeful we will have a fix released in the very near future.  We apologize for the inconvenience that this has been for everyone thus far. 

Best Answer

Ok thanks.  Yep, it must have been deleted. 

Luckily, I kept a back up of it, so easy to re-share all the info.

Glad to see Withings acknowledging the issue and appearing to take it seriously.  That gives confidence in their products & service. 

I did additional testing today and worked with some API developers.  My research shows that all other companies are fully operational on data integration.  My guess is that the failure is only on Fitbit's side. Perhaps Withings' internal contacts with Fitbit engineering can help. 

Best Answer

Thank you for that! At least we know the issue is being looked at somewhere along the line. My guess is also that unfortunately it's down to fitbit and their lack of competence in trying to fix the issue. Maybe a withings watch is the way forward at least then you do seem to get some sort of acknowledgement that your complaint is actually being taken seriously and at least someone somewhere is trying to fix it lol.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner it might be Fitbit's fault, but then Withings shouldn't advertise that they can sync to fitbit when they really cannot.

Both companies should align. We're getting different signals right now. At least Withings seems to have the will to fix it.

I might switch to a Withings watch, it will be a good way to get rid of these issues altogether.

Best Answer

@LavanyaRose Withings stopped to advertise that it work with Fitbit from around 1 year. They now advertise that it work with Apple Health.

Best Answer

@Mark81 I just bought the scale and searched for this info less than a week ago. It's definitely still advertised:

https://www.withings.com/ch/en/health-mate-partners/fitbit

Best Answer

@LavanyaRose They don't advertise anymore this on the scale box and on the web page of the product.

They inform that there is the Fitbit app that can connect with Withings Health Mate app. If the issue is on the Fitbit app, they (Withings) have no faults on this issue.

In any case the API on both side are operative, is the Fitbit integration that isn't.

Best Answer

@Mark81 scales are still mentioned:

Connecting the Health Mate app to Fitbit enables you to export weight data recorded by Withings scales. You will also have the ability to import step data from Fitbit into Health Mate.

If they want to mention that, then they should align with Fitbit so this service is actually provided.

By the way, I'd like to know how to import step count from fitbit into healthmate, or that's also broken?

Best Answer

@LavanyaRose they are advertising an app of a business partner. Is not their app, they don't have control if there is an issue on the partner side.

I don't think that is possible to import data in Health Mate via API. The Withings API are read-only, can only be exported. But is possible to import data via file on the Health Mate website.

Best Answer

Any solutions yet?

Best Answer
@KateFitbit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@Michaelseanpayn an alternative, at least until the Fitbit integration return operative, is Weemple WeightNet.

Best Answer

+1 For Weemple. Worked like a charm

Best Answer