Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

@bones5050 wrote:

While I appreciate the frustration, this is a very minor inconvenience. It many not be ideal to manually enter you weight, but is it really worth threatening to move away from Fitbit.  I was a long-time Fitbit user and moved to Withings a little over a year ago, I bought the Steel HR Sport 3. I wanted more of a watch versus having to wear both a watch and activity tracker. While the Sport HR is fine, the difference is step counting is significant compared to Fitbit and my apple phone. The Sport HR was consistently 20% less steps on average compared to my Fitbit and apple phone. Additionally, the screen was small and almost impossible to read, and most activities had to be started from the watch. Considering the difficulty in reading the screen it was not ideal. Not to mention, the stats were somewhat lacking. I'm back to Fitbit and very happy. I have a Versa2 and love the additional insights and stats Fitbit provides versus Withings. I'll live with a minor integration problem to have a better overall device and user experience. 

I know, it makes no sense to me either how theatrical people can be on here. Though "here" really can be applied to the whole Internet. For the one, this is a third-party integration issue, meaning it might not be Fitbit's fault. Could be Withings. They've been back and forth from being their own company to being a Nokia thing to now being back, so there's bound to be issues on their side of the fence, too. Secondly, while it is annoying that this isn't working like it's supposed to, and it seems to happen a lot (do a search on the boards and it seems the link between Fitbit and Health Mate breaks about every six months or so), there are workarounds. Weemple, IFTTT or MyFitnessPal all do the job of getting the two apps to talk to each other whenever the direct link doesn't play nice. Lastly, if you read any review sites about fitness trackers, Fitbit remains one of the top dogs. And for everyone here who keeps saying they're going to jump ship to somewhere else, I wish I had your money to just invest in a tracker somewhere else. If anything, it seems to me that a Fitbit Aria scale is a whole lot cheaper than someone else's tracker, and would also solve the integration problem.

Best Answer

The Fitbit-Withings integration is maintained and provided by Fitbit website. So I'm sorry to all, but is a Fitbit issue.

Best Answer
We wish we had your money to replace our Withings Scale for a Subpar Fitbit
Aria and things work as designed- regardless... LoL

They need to fix it and or provide an update-
Best Answer
Yes for sure...
Best Answer

I'm not just threatening to move...  I've been happy with withings products and support, and I'm finding fitbit a bit lacking!  I fancied the new scan watch, and this was the tipping point!  Christmas is coming, and I'm dropping hints!

Best Answer

I agree to you and @bones5050 - but with the Aria scale, I have to disagree. Granted I had the v1 Aria for many years but in the last year, it was a non-stop problem with either not turning on when stepped on, or more often, it too often was turning on and trying to scan constantly. I had to replace batteries about every week. It was simply not worth the hassle and like this integration problem, the various boards I read on FitBit read very similar to this thread - no real support and no real solutions to offer. Granted, I never tried the 2nd gen but after dealing with no support and trouble all around for the v1 Aria, I switched to Withings. I love the added stats that Aria v1 didn't do (maybe 2nd gen did?) but I wasn't willing to invest into another product that might just make me frustrated and regretful. Been with FitBit too long and while I've not personally come across too many problems with apps or devices, the few I have, have been plagued by lackluster support which implies a lack or desire on FitBit's part to really support the product they sell.

Best Answer

i have understand Fitbit breaks the connection every year or so.

Some people here among me find this function very important. Like me they bought this combination of devices especially cause they want the best of both worlds from the Fitbit community and Withings.

Lack off support and information makes people annoyed. When you buy smart devices you don't want to put in the numbers yourself or else you can buy a 10 dollar analogue scale.

Best Answer

I have the same problem since 20.8 as well, tried everything and unlinking twice and downloading data, but nothing helps. It was the same problem 1 year ago - could you please fix this?

The download historical data endpoint returns a 500 error:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings?apiFormat=htmljson&withingsUserId=&pageDownloadData=on&nextPa...

Maybe someone removed the withingsUserId-parameter from the request or something? 🙂

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  I don't use the Aria scale so I can't speak to that. I've used the Withing scale for years and plan on continuing to use it. I speaking more about the differences in the overall fitness tracking stats between the Withings Steel HR3 and my new Versa 2. By far the insights and stats are better with Fitbit. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. However, I do agree about the lackluster support. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Fitbit/Withings sync. I've tried removing and re-adding the connection, but no luck.

Best Answer
I was able to get to Fitbit on Facebook IM. Ridiculous

Hi Dawn. We have received similar reports which our team is currently looking into. If you're having difficulty with syncing your Withings to Fitibit, make sure that you have linked them together. For more info, please see https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1742.htm. While checking this, can you confirm the email address associated with your Fitbit account so we can verify this?

—-
Thanks for verifying your email address. Upon checking, Withings is not linked to your Fitbit account. Try connecting it by following the steps that we have shared earlier.

—-
Thank you for trying and appreciate the screenshots. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
Best Answer

How disappointing! I am also experiencing the same issue. I tried to export the data manually from withings, but it says they will send me an email that has never arrived. Ridiculous.

Best Answer

I got the Withings scale after two Aria scales failed. My frustration isn't just with this issue. I understand that issues with third-party integrations such as MFP or Withings aren't FitBit's fault but myself and others have put in tickets about bugs in FitBit's own app that are never addressed or fixed. For over a year we've been asking for a bug in the challenges to be fixed so you can the complete message or notification and not just the first line (so you have no idea what you're cheering for because you can't read the message). Having been a user for 6+ years, I am devoted to FitBit but frustrated that support and quality of products seems to have declined. 

Best Answer

I tweeted today.@FitbitSupport

3 weeks no support  

12 pages of complaints, 226 replies and 2924 views

Funny guys at Fitbit today Tweet by @Fitbitsupport promoting Aria
Syncing is how your Fitbit device transfers your data to your mobile device, read over this help article if you ever have trouble syncing: goto this website for help

Best Answer

any updates on this issue?

Best Answer

Update posted above.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Fitbit. Replying again on twitter DM

.but I got Weemple weightnet solution working meanwhile. Thanks for that

Appreciate the email address. Checking here, we can see that your last conversation with us was September 1, 2020 informing you that the issue you're experiencing is a known issue what our team is currently working on. Though we don't have an ETA to share as of yet, be certain that we are working round-the-clock to get everything back to how it was. In the meantime, please ensure to keep your Fitbit app updated to receive the quickest resolution. Your patience and understanding on this matter is highly appreciated.

Best Answer

"we are working round-the-clock to get everything back to how it was"

I really hope they mean it, but I highly doubt it.

Best Answer

yes i doubt it. to, and i gave up actually. I'm glad Weemple works as advertized.

Sync was setup in 1 minute. 

Best Answer