Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

For the past week my withings has no longer been able to connect and export its data into my fitbit account. I have tried delinking and relinking the accounts multiple times, and each time it says it has but the data never comes through when I weigh myself. The integration link also won't let me download historical measurements which I take is a sign of an issue with the Withings/Fitbit integration - I recently updated the o/s on my Versa which may be part of the issue. Could someone from Fitbit look into this for me please? Part of why I want a Fitbit is the ability to track my weight alongside my physical activity.

Best Answer

I’ve been using my withings scale on Fitbit for years and it suddenly stopped working late august. 

Any clues on what’s happening ?

Best Answer

I have been trying to transmit the data from the Whitings scale from 08/21/2020 to today all day, but no chance. It just doesn't work.

i try it over https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings# 

It's kind of disappointing. Interestingly, the data transfer to the "Heath Mate" app works perfectly. So it can only be up to Fitbit 🤔

The only thing missing now is the information from Fitbit Support that these problems would not have happened with the use of a Fitbit scale 🤣

Best Answer

Same for me... ☹️ 

This article leaded me to think that they have already addressed this problem... So I thought that my device has a bug. I tried to fix and troubelshoot this issue all day... After all day trying to fix it ended up here... This kind of problems that are happening over and over again makes me very dissapointed in them.

When will this problem be fixed? @Fitbit @KateFitbit @AmyFitbit @JonFitbit @DelFitbit OR whoever is fixing this problem...

Repost @hannan_n 

When trying to re-setup the link I get the following answer:

Congratulations, your Withings profile has been successfully linked to your Fitbit account.

Import all my historical measurements from Withings.
(Please note, that if you have two measurements for the same day, we will update your Fitbit measurement with Withings).
 Don't download historical measurements at this time.
(You can always come back and do this later).

When selecting "Import all my historical measurements from Withings" the system thinks for a moment "Please wait..." and kicks me back to the the same landing screen again and forces you to "Don't download historical measurements at this time."

Once selected I would try to:
Download Withings Data (Import all your historical Withings data into Fitbit).
However, it stays stuck at "Downloading data from Withings. Please wait..." and I'm given an error about an hour later that it failed.
Best Answer

Good evening,

Any update on the expected timeline for the fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been trying to fix it for days. I'll have to wait until my Withings Scale to Fitbit sync is fixed or go back to manually entering in my weight.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

Another year, another incident of Fitbit breaking Withings scale integration. 😞

Best Answer

Same problem here

Fitbit appear to be useless when it comes to software. you would think they have enough money now to employ more staff.

useless company.

Best Answer

I have just chatted with Kathy from Fitbit support. She opened a ticket and said she would have to escalate the issue. I insisted they should review this thread.

Best Answer

Here is the response from Fitbit:

Before anything else, thanks for letting us know about this issue.
We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.
We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer

@Fitbit 

I've been with fitbit since day 1 practically. I've been a part of their beta team and helped with countless trials of software update and features.

But this is the last straw. I'm done. When this Ionic dies, I'm jumping ship. Promising connectivity and saying "sorry, we're not fixing that anytime soon." Just tells me they want us to use their inferior aria scale. Which I did at first and bought the withings because it was better. Sorry fitbit... you're turning into a closed ecosystem like apple.

So I will say farewell.

Best Answer

No @hannan_n  Fitbit is not fixing it. so eighter you go with third party weemple service .
..or dont sync. ..
or go with a different smartwatch

Best Answer

Ditto, switching to the Withings watch, much smarter looking.

Best Answer

Good point. I've started manually keying in outstanding data. If they do not fix the issue by the time the Withings Scanwatch is fully released in Canada, I plan on making the switch.

Best Answer

I noticed mine stopped syncing a few weeks ago. I set up the withings and fitbit integration again and it did not fix the problem. I'm still waiting on a fix. 

Best Answer

The clear lack of care to fix this issue in a timely fashion is astounding.  Luckily here is the apple watch 6 which can now do sleep tracking finally so I'm off to another platform.

Best Answer

Yes, I have to been having an issue since the same date last time I could link. I also tried the  resynce it and nothing.

Best Answer

This is my exact experience as well. Reading this thread I am not hopeful of Fitbit fixing it... Super less-than-stellar for Fitbit, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Same here. If they don't bother to fix it, I won't bother to buy next Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same here. Last sync was 18th of August. Fitbit is nor going to fix this. My next watch is NOT going to be Fitbit. 

Best Answer