Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

Me too, since Thursday.

Best Answer

Bought a new Withings scale on Saturday and syncing isn’t working. Now I know why.

Best Answer

Same for me. Hope this gets fixed soon..

Best Answer

Same here. Just curious, has anyone who has problems not installed the new firmware last Thursday?

Best Answer

i have the same since august 20

Best Answer

Same here, and my hubby has the same issue. Tried everything I can think of but none worked. The Fitbit live chat support people didn’t even understand what I was talking about. I hope @Fitbit will fix this soon!

Best Answer

Same issue, last synced Thursday Aug 20th at 7am

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer

I've had the same issue since 2020.08.20 as well.

Best Answer

same issue here, and looking at all the responses I have not seen anything from fitbit on this issue 

Best Answer

Since @Fitbit is asleep at the wheel, has anyone tried posting or raising the issue with Withings? Presumably their API/Integrations team would have direct contact with fitbit R&D

Best Answer

Hi @WhisperingId : Yes, I did. Aug 21, 2020, 4:55 AM GMT+2

Here's snippet of Withings' response:

[Withings Support] - We've replied to your support request 1425413

"In this case, please link your two accounts by following the steps here.

If you encounter an error message, please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and try to link once again."

I replied to Withings on Sat 22/08/2020 5:09 PM stating all of our symptoms and haven't heard back. Anyone else have any luck?

Best Answer

This is affecting me as well. 

This is also coming from a fresh Account at Withings and confirming email and all that. tried to download historical data and it just keeps spinning and never confirms.

Best Answer

@WhisperingId 

ayman_eid (Withings Account) has created a thread on Withings' forum linking back to this one.
https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360012973397-Health-mate-stopped-syncing-with-...

Best Answer

Me too, last weight was from thursday.  Have tried to unlink relink but wont download data

Best Answer

Me too! Mine stopped on the 18th Aug. Have just started the update for my charge 3 tracker. 

Best Answer

My synching also just stopped last week between Withings Body Scale and FitBit.

Previously I had done the 2019 steps to get this working, run the wizard, etc. It had been working for about 6 months. In my case, right after Aug 18, starting Wednesday last week, it stopped synching.

Best Answer

Obviously Withings changed their authentication on their API. 

From Withings help pages:

Important note: We improved our API by integrating a new authentification protocol. If you notice synchronization issues between the Health Mate app and a partner app, please contact the partner app and ask them to update their authentification protocol. Click here for more information.

Looks like @Fitbit has to do their homework... 

Best Answer

My Fitbit app stopped showing data exactly on the same date. What's even more disturbing is this message I'm seeing when trying to sync manually or link the account again: 

Unlink my accounts (Your Withings scale will no longer publish to your Fitbit account. This will not remove any of the Withings measurements from Fitbit).

Which makes me ask... really? 

Best Answer

True but if you look at the change log, they updated it on the 6th of July so this problem still seems to be in FitBit's court. Also, I wonder if tagging @FitbitSupport will help grab their attention since that seems to be the FitBit support site but it seems they too are clueless there as to what is going on.

Best Answer