Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

Those docs make it look like the auth changes occurred back in July for the advanced API. The switch to Oauth2 happened years ago

https://developer.withings.com/oauth2/release.html

If they're now requiring additional headers for https://developer.withings.com/oauth2/#operation/measure-getmeas I could understand, but providing the access token in the headers is a pretty standard implementation and within RFC spec for endpoints requiring auth.

Best Answer

FYI @KateFitbit Just to make sure you are tagged somewhere on here for an Alert. Thank you!

Best Answer

I also just bought a Withings scale specifically to link it to my Fitbit.  The scale arrived today.  And now it doesn't sync with Fitbit.  Sad... anyone found a solution/workaround?

Best Answer

Would have figured they would have responded to this today = /

Best Answer
They do tend to be slow. I noticed my Withings scale and Google's Fit app
on my Android phone are still talking to each other though.
Best Answer

That is the way they have always rolled no response 

Best Answer
This has been broken since Thursday it’s Fitbit API talking to Withings...

Not slow etc but broken with a code change.
Best Answer

Experience the same here! Unlinking and linking does not have any effect.

I hope this is an issue and not something permanent like they want you to use only Fitbit scales.. Hopefully someone from Fitbit can tell us the status?

Best Answer

Rather than waiting for Fitbit, I looked for other solutions and I can now confirm that an alternative syncing method is still working, i.e. through https://www.weemple.com/weightnet

This is for new data only, for historical measurements you need the paid Weighthub app by weemple.

Best Answer

How long does Weemple take to gather the data?  I tried it right now and it doesn't seem to be doing anything....

Best Answer

Same problem does not connect 

Best Answer

@nice_home if you connect correctly and followed these steps:

1. Create an account 
  2. Go to the Cloud section
  3. Configure data receive with Withings (you have to login to approve the app for receiving/sending the data)
  4. Configure data send with Fitbit (again you have to login to approve the app for receiving the data)

It then should not take long before you see the results in your Fitibit-app after you stepped on the scale and refreshed the app 😀

Best Answer

This seems to work for me with some time delay (maybe 1 hr or so?) for the data to populate.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello!

Thanks to mention WeightNet. This free web app synchronize every minute. But only the new measurements. Is possible that there is a delay on the source cloud notification, but usually there isn't with Withings and Fitbit. Please make sure that you are connected on the right account on both website (source and target) during setup.

Recently there was an issue with the Fitbit API servers, maybe the delay or the missing sync was caused by this.

I tested now the API connection from Withings to Fitbit, and it worked.

Have a nice day!

Marco

Weemple

Best Answer

I've been messaging with Fitbit customer service and they just now told me they were creating a ticket to have this issue addressed.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Feel free to retweet if you'd like to help get their collective attention:
https://twitter.com/chriswithers13/status/1298358325990567936

Best Answer

i retweeted. this. thx

by the way customer suPport mailed me on twitter to try this.

It doesnt work for me... @android10 and app was already uptodate

Withings Healthmate is linked to your Fitbit account. If you're using the Fitbit app, try logging out and force close the app. Make sure that your phone and Fitbit app software is updated. Next, reboot your phone and log back in. After this, please try to revoke the access and link it again using the tips on the link provided

Best Answer

Thank you.

I tried too and now they finally have responded to you.

Hopefully we will see a post to fix the problem soon.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This problem is now back. Last sync was august 20th. Is it on the Fitbit or Withing side? 

Best Answer