Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

@MindfulGeekess No thanks, we should not pray to have support. They must fix it on their own, or announce the retirement of the service.

Best Answer

If I purchase a product (Fitbit) and also purchase a product they advertise support for (Withings), I expect support when they fail to provide the functionality they advertised, or like you said, tell us if they're retiring the service instead of leaving us hanging. Fitbit is notoriously bad about this, and about providing scripted answers with no useful information. In my job as a sysadmin, this would be unacceptable.

By the way, thanks for the Weemple web app. I just registered and will use that until if/when Fitbit provides a solution.

Best Answer

@MindfulGeekess I also was a sysadmin and now a developer, and I agree with you, their support is unacceptable.

But users are asking support from 08/20/2020..

Best Answer

There's also another app you can use to sync your Withings weight to Fitbit. It's called Health to Fitbit https://apps.apple.com/is/app/sync-for-apple-health-fitbit/id1240275160

Best Answer

There are many "Gateway Timeout" right now with the API, WeightNet worked for me, but not for others. I hope that is just due to a maintenance.

EDIT: the issue seems to be mainly related to the Asian region

Best Answer

Holy crap! Have they fixed it? I just logged onto my Fitbit app and all of the manual weights I’ve been adding since August 20 are now duplicated with ones that look like they’ve automatically synced from my Withings account.  I’ll be interested to see if others are reporting the same thing.

Best Answer

Looks like it! I can confirm that mine has also synchronized.

Best Answer

Yes! Mine started syncing before before 8:20am Eastern this morning. Monday, October 19th.

Best Answer

Yes, they fixed it! (20.10.2020 morning)

Best Answer

@DVCnerfherder WeightHub desktop app, can remove the duplicated data, if you are interested.

Best Answer
Worked for me this morning as
well. My app updated today, check for an update folks!

Dawn
Best Answer

Yes, mine also synchronised and all manually added are duplicated.

Best Answer

Mine has finally updated and now works as well. Took about two months.

Best Answer

Mine is back too!  Yippee.  Hope it sticks.  I was looking at options to change to another wearable.  Now, if we can only link Omron or Withings BP machines....  one can dream.

Thanks everyone for putting on the pressure, looks like they were listening and getting our message heard in the background.

Best Answer

@winpakbob really? To me was appearing like a planned outage.

Best Answer

@Mark81 of course we know this was planned and they had no intentions to fix it until the pressure here became to much. The pressure was increasing while I think Fitbit thought we would all just drop it and get over it. I believe we will be back here again someday, then it will be time to go... Personally this experience had me looking at the options for wearables. When I decide to replace my Versa 2, I will be making the decision then as to what is the best platform for me instead of the previously automatic update to the latest and greatest Fitbit device. Happy is back "on" but expecting this will happen again. Thanks for your help providing a workaround. I didn't sign up, but you made a lot of frustrated Fitbit Withings customers happy! 

Best Answer

@Mark81Fitbit's integration works now for me, but Weemple is broken now. I know it's redundant to have two, and I was planning to remove Weemple, but just wanted to let you know that I got a message that there was an error.

Pixel 2, Android 11
Best Answer
no Weemple is broken for me too
we'll go to your social media until we get a fix lol
Best Answer

@GeekExtraordina I think that the integration is not broken, but that the API is just overloaded. If you was able to remove the clouds on the settings page, you are fine.

@SunsetRunner 😂😂😂

Best Answer

As I done last year, I just remember, that you should avoid duplicate integrations. If you want to use the Fitbit integration, don't use also my solution (Weemple WeightNet). Maybe will meet again next year. 😉 If you want to automatically remove duplicate data on target, you can use Weemple WeightHub desktop app.

Stay safe and healthy! 👋

Best Answer