Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. Seems like this is a link that breaks every six months or so, and spends days if not weeks before getting fixed. Could it have something with the scale going back and forth between Withings and Nokia and back again?

Best Answer

Another withings and Fitbit user here...  I just got a withings scale and was hoping to sync data from it to Fitbit. I’m a long term Fitbit customer and family, having owned Aria, Charge, Charge 2, Blaze, Versa, and Versa 2 trackers.  I am strongly considering a Sense, but this type of problem is making me rethink that position!

Best Answer
Heads up: I can confirm that the IFTTT integration works as advertised. It
does not, however, sync body composition.

I installed Health Sync (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync) on
my Android phone, and it supports body composition _and_ syncing between a
number of services. So far, so good. Note, however, that it costs a
one-time $3 fee after an eight-day trial.
Best Answer

I have had the same problem since 8/19.  This is my first Fitbit and this incident certainly does not make me want to buy another Fitbit device in the future. Maybe we should all be tweeting this sentiment to Google since they seem to want Fitbit for some reason. 

Best Answer

I was in a benevolent mood a few days ago. O well, I'm not 100% happy with the Charge but the Sense looks good, maybe, just maybe, I should give Fitbit another chance (even despite the Google involvement, whoI trust as far as I can throw them).

But then the Withings/Fitbit connection broke and I remembered the frustration with MFP and Fitbit, with the servers going down (again) and the overal hardware experience. No way will I give the Sense a spin.

Here's to hoping Garmin or Polar will release a new fitness tracker which doesn't look like a watch soon.

Best Answer

you nailed it! thanks @Aric 

Best Answer

Same with the charge 4 and body +

The withing scale body + is sync with its own app and website but do not sync with fitbit.

Downloading data with the below do not seem to succed
https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

Best Answer

Yah, same here.  That link just says "downloading data..." for eternity.  I have tried everything I can possibly think of to make the synch happen and its not just not working.

The last recorded date of my weight was June 28 into the fitbit app.  Is this a known issue right now with fitbit app synching to various smart scales and even to MFP?

Best Answer

I noticed that my Whithings Link is no longer in my "Applications".  I did not unlink  it (I took no action).  It appears that Fitbit removed my Whithings Application and the connection Wizard states that Whithing no longer publishes to Fitbit.  The "download" option doesn't work.  

Will somebody from Fitbit please weigh in here?  Is this a technical issue or a commercial one?  And will it be resolved?

from the connection wizard . . . 

Withings Scale
Unlink my accounts (Your Withings scale will no longer publish to your Fitbit account. This will not remove any of the Withings measurements from Fitbit).
Download Withings Data (Import all your historical Withings data into Fitbit).
Best Answer

Hi, 

Please create Jira ticket and assign to senior developer or software engineer with high priority status. Follow up with developer by phone to urgently fix the problem with Nokia withings.

Best Answer

sarcastic and odd that they start a survey on the 27 august on twitter

Are you regularly using a smart scale? We'd love to get your feedback! Take this 5-min survey to let us know which features matter to you most: bit.ly/3gwPHPh
8:30 PM · Aug 27, 2020·
Best Answer
Note that there is only one comment field in the survey, nothing at the end
so use that to voice your frustration. Thanks for posting the survey!
Best Answer

I just bought the scale and monitor at the end of April, only because the two would integrate and because FitBit was aquired by Google, so I assume support would be as great as it is everywhere else I use Google products.  To fail at doing this really degrades my trust in FitBit/Google and Withings.  My last measurement is from the 18th, which is consistant with what others are reporting.  Amazon just released a monitor, they have incredible customer service.  At least we have options rather than dealing with companies playing games.  Withings and Fitbit please figure things out.

Best Answer

Having the same issue. Realise data from my withings scale stopped syncing since 19th Aug. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Best Answer

I just bought the withings scale after checking it had integration with fitbit. This is false advertising as we now see @Fitbit isn't going to fix it.

I'm angered.

Best Answer

The Withings scale is wonderful (I have the Body +), there's no need to get rid of it. Simply use the Weemple solution. It's more accurate actually, as Fitbit looks at the first decimal only, which often results in a difference with the (rounded up/down) Withings measurement.

Also, it's Fitbit's fault, not Withings'. I can't really see why it's false advertising, as the connection works, just not the Fitbit-way.

Best Answer

Here is the response I got from Fitbit. Seems like There is no sense of urgency or any intention of fixing this issue. Total BS. 

“Thanks for the email. We’re aware of the issue you're experiencing but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Please let us know if you have any other questions.”

Best Answer

When they say they "may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future" that's means something very different than "we can't give you an ETA."  What it seems to mean is that they don't presently have any plan to make this work again and wouldn't you really like to buy an Aria scale?

With that message, I think they're more likely to try to break Weemple's Weightnet than to try to fix their own wizard.  Technically, doing this is incredibly simple.  If they're not fixing it, it's either for commercial reasons (they want you to buy their less-well-reviewed scale) or they think syncing the data may violate some privacy law or the terms of service of the Fitbit or Withings websites.  

Using your Withings login to get data from your Withings account just isn't hard.  If they're not doing it, it's because they don't want to.

Best Answer

i got the same answer 3 days ago. And yesterday i contacted them again on twitter.

And got the exact same email again. 😞

Disappointing..

Best Answer

Totally agree - this is such a disappointment. DEFINITELY NEVER EVER buying a Fitbit device again

Best Answer