Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

@KateFitbit it would be nice to have a response at some point as this is getting beyond a joke. It's a disgrace that it keeps happening!

Best Answer

I chatted with their help person and he said my account wasn't linked... even though it was. Clearly Fitbit doesn't have their stuff together.

After about half an hour of chatting, he said talk to Withings and not Fitbit.

I get these companies are competing with each other, but it's in their best interest to cooperate with the major players. Instead of Fitbit knowing there's an issue that tons of people are experiencing and telling them to go figure it out, they should work to resolve it themselves. It will take them a ton less effort than it would dealing with half hour conversations * dozens of people. Short sighted and crappy customer service.

Best Answer

WeightNet receive notification from the source and transfer the weight information to the targets. It work on my area, maybe there are issue with servers that manage others area.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue... I have tried chatting with a couple different people to assist, no one is actually helping.

Best Answer

cazbaz1,  I had a little difficulty getting the Weemple Weightnet solution connected to my Fitbit and Withings accounts, partly because my Withings scale wasn't connecting properly.  But after a few tries and resetting the wifi settings on my scale (to exactly what they were before), it seems to be working well.

Honestly, while you shouldn't have to resort to a third party to connect your Withings and Fitbit data, given how many times those companies have managed to break this and their lackadaisical approach to fixing it, it may be best to just rely on Weemple and not bother with Fitbit's "wizard" for connecting with Withings.

Best Answer

Mark81,

I said that I was having trouble with your solution.  The problem may have been with my Withings scale dropping its connection for a while.  I reset its wifi setting and your solution seems to be working well now.  Thank you very much for sharing this.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Nice to see you all in the Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Same thing here. Stopped syncing and unlink/relink was no help

Best Answer

Good evening @JuanFitbit 

Thank you for responding.

Regarding if there's anything you can do to assist us in the meantime, would you be able to kindly provide us with regular updates in progress to help set our expectations?

Warm regards,
Hannan
Best Answer

Hi @jnappi , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for you comment. 

@hannan_n , thanks for your reply! As soon as I receive more information regarding this, I'll be glad to inform you all on this thread. 

Please let me know if any of you need assistance with anything else in the meantime. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Same issue here.  Stopped working on 8-20 on iphone 11.  Please help.

Best Answer

@Mark81Now that Fitbit is turning the dials in an attempt to fix the connection, Weemple seems to be broken. Myfitnesspal and another app I'm using to monitor my weight are getting data from Withings almost instantly, while Fitbit still hasn't received the most recent measurement through Weemple.

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming its a system wide issue.

In the meantime we like to try fiitbit premium. Hint  🙂

Best Answer

Seems like the latest security patch Fitbit did was a bit too aggressive security and is blocking data from migrating and essentially breaking the connection. Hopefully they can get this resolved soon.

Best Answer

Here is the response from Fitbit support...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

Piling on here. I'd love to use a method of syncing supported by Fitbit/Withings, but until that works I'm going to give https://ifttt.com/applets/wxcRrC3y a try.

Best Answer

It is a year later and I have a deja vu it is just like Groundhog Day see my link 

here the link 

It is always the same Fitbit has lack on their customers and don't care about Third Party intergrations.

standard answers....

"We working on it"

"We're sorry for any trouble."

"We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track "

But I don't have that patience anymore.

If it is an incident for the first time okay but the fitfh ???

And a week later nothing happened yet.

Best Answer

Versa2 (well, the APP) will not sync to my NOKIA/WITHINGS scale.  My scale syncs fine to its own app and to MyFitenessPal but the fitbit will not take the data in.  I have linked / unlinked, checked very setting possible.. not matter what, the main fitbit app wil not auto synch my weight.  what is the scoop?

its a NOKIA BODY+ scale.wifi body scale WBS01

Best Answer

i thought Fitbit was a big and serious company 😕

sad

Best Answer

I'm as tired as you, it seems like Fitbit thinks that a simple "thank you for your patience" solves everything.

Well, we are running out of patience. There are many companies out there doing the right things, so, Fitbit, wake up!, nothing worst than an angry customer.

Make things right before we run out of patience and understanding.

Best Answer