Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

I am also having this problem is it still not working for anybody??

Best Answer

Yep, same here.  I've tried unlinking and relinking.  Signing out of all and trying to reconnect.  No success.

Best Answer

@FitbitSupport responded to me again through Twitter, and i am waiting for an email.

Until then its logging manually or use the ''other'' service mentioned above

We've created a support case on your behalf and have brought it to our team's attention. Please keep an eye on your email as one from our team will get in touch with you soon.

Best Answer
Thank you i am glad its not just me having this issue. This is always happening why can't @Fitbit just sort it out once and for all ice had fitbit for years and this must have happened at least a dozen times!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Yes, I just went looking for this post yesterday thinking it probably wasn't just me.  So yeah 8/20 was last sync

Best Answer

My Fitbit app does not get updated with weight measurements from the health mate app, again! Weighting for a fix again.

Best Answer
Haha this is actually getting laughable now! This is a ridiculously regular occurrence. Thinking of switching to a withings watch now might be a bit less buggy all the time!

Best Answer

The Weemple suggestion on page 3 works and is a perfect solution!! You select withings first and then select fitbit as your target, you need to log in to both accounts when prompted but sooo easy!! 👌🏼

https://www.weemple.com/weightnet

Best Answer

Just chiming in again on this chain that Weeble worked perfectly this morning.  I guess it took more time for the initial sync hence the slowness yesterday, but as for this morning, by the time I went from my bathroom (where the scale is) to my desk (the next room) and sat down, my weight was updated and synced with my Fitbit app perfectly.  Thanks for sharing this solution!

Best Answer

Are all fields sync with this solution? (weight, fat, water, etc...)

I tried the IFTTT task but only the weight is syncronized.

Anyway, having to use any other 3rd party tool to do this is just a shame for products of this price.

Since Fitbit is clearly the weakest link here, I am thinking to switch to Withings for the smart watch too.

Best Answer

I completely agree! I do NOT want to use a 3rd party app i want fibit to keep to their promise and do what its meant to do for the high price that we all paid for their product and service. No way am I going premium thats for sure! @KateFitbit please help us this is getting silly now. It keeps happening.

Best Answer
I feel the same about a third party since this worked previously.
Disappointed in Fitbit's lack of response. Regardless, the third party
solution was not successful for me.
Best Answer

Yes @KateFitbit please help with this situation. I also don’t want to use a third party, I have premium service and expect the service to be premium Not poor like it is now

Best Answer

Any updates @Fitbit

Best Answer

If the tech team knows how to fix this repeated problem with syncing weight data from a Withings scale to a Fitbit account, they must not be trying.  We got our Withings scale yesterday and have never gotten data to sync.  I've reviewed about five different threads about this recurring problem and I'm about ready to return the scale, return the new Fitbit we haven't yet given to our daughter, buy new fitness trackers from Garmin, Samsung, or maybe someone else, and introduce our Fitbit devices to my sledge hammer.

Clearly neither Fitbit nor Withings give a **ahem** about data sync between them.

Oh, and I tried IFTTT and Weemple's Weightnet, but IFTTT hasn't accomplished anything yet. I finally found Weemple's email address confirmation message in my spam folder, but I still haven't seen any data transfer.

ETA: (1) Weemple Weightnet is now working.  It may be best to just use it and not bother with the Fitbit wizard since Fitbit can't maintain a stable link with Withings accounts.

(2) I'm actually amused, not annoyed, by the "**ahem**" censorship of my original post.  Cute.

Best Answer

It might also be nice if Withings didn't change its authentication every 6 months without first helping Fitbit and the makers of other partner apps make the changes needed to keep on importing Withings data.

The Withings scale was a gift to my wife (something she wanted, not a hint) and its been nothing but an embarrassment for me.

Best Answer

Return the scale, throw away your Fitbits and look for a fitness tracking company that gives a crap about customers?

(Good luck finding one though.)

Best Answer

This problem is on the Fitbits side:

1. The Withings scale is and Syncs fine with other parties like Google fit and Myfitnesspall, (i have not tried others.)

2. Many users have the same problem since August 20th, without settings change... ( or new users)

3. The problem occurred before in the past , solution was on Fitbit side.

i wonder why is there no general admin @Fitbit spokeperson on this forum...

Best Answer

Same.  Although I resent the kludge of using an additional app/service to get the data between two companies I paid to give me this data, I tried Weemple Weightnet, but haven't seen any data transfer yet.

Edited to add:  Weemple weightnet is working now.  Thanks, Marco.

Best Answer
I am thinking samsung trackers may be the way forward here guys!

Best Answer