Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Charge 4 with Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my Fitbit 4 to record bike rides. When I go for long rides (>5h), the battery life is not sufficient.

Is there a way to only take heart rate data from fitbit and add this to a strava recording (with GPS from phone)?

Thanks for any help,

Naero

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Naero A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Fitbit will sync activities recorded with GPS to Strava and Strava will sync any GPS activity recorded to Fitbit.

It's not possible to record only heart rate data and then sync it. However, you could use your Fitbit app to track longer bike rides, these will sync to the third-party app. 

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Naero A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Fitbit will sync activities recorded with GPS to Strava and Strava will sync any GPS activity recorded to Fitbit.

It's not possible to record only heart rate data and then sync it. However, you could use your Fitbit app to track longer bike rides, these will sync to the third-party app. 

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

Dear Silvia,

thanks for the warm welcome!

One day after my question, there was an update in the firmware, and Charge 4 now uses the GPS of the phone if it is nearby. Problem solved!

Cheers,

Naero

Best Answer

@Naero Thanks for getting back. Great news! I'm glad to hear that you received the new firmware update and now you're able to use your Charge 4 and phone. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. Keep it up the good work! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes