Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit and Apple Watch - syncing, apps, tips

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I create this topic to discuss how one can use both their Fitbit and Apple watch devices. 

I've had my Fitbit Charge for about 6 weeks and I love it, but the Apple watch is on its way to me (should arrive in 1-2 weeks) and I am concidering how to use both devices at their full potential. I am not a fitness guy, but I want to be more active and that's why I chose the wearables to push my activity. 

So, my idea is to use the Fitbit Charge for tracking activities when I won't want to bring the Apple Watch - when playing football and basketball. I also want to keep tracking my sleep with it. 

For everything else like steps, floors (I'm actually not sure if it has a barometer inside, or it does rely on an iPhone), pulse I want to use the Watch. Therefore I will be using the Watch around 70% of the time during the day. 

So, what is your advice and tips on doing this in order to keep all apps in sync (apple's and fitbit's) and settings recomendations?

I use Sync Solver from the App Store for Health App syncing with my Fitbit, but I am not sure if it will work the other way around - to import data from Apple Watch to the app. Anyone who has the Watch tried this yet? 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I just flat out replaced my Fitbit Charge HR with my new Apple Watch. I was sad to see that my steps synced from my watch (through syncsolver) do not count toward social challenges in Fitbit. As a result I mentioned this to my friends and now they are all considering getting an Apple watch or switching to a platform that allows challenges between third party devices. Sadly I couldnt find a way around it apart from wearing multiple watches, and that is something I'm not going to do. Plus the Apple Watch isnt giving me the rash or same skin irritation that the Fitbit does.

To me, the sleep tracking on Fitbit was cool to have but I found myself never really using the information in a useful way. It just made me more conscious about getting more sleep. I can do the same thing by setting calendar alerts or something. I think honestly the best thing right now is to just pick one or the other. Using both, to me, just seems too complicated and Fitbit already said they arent going to play nice with Apple Healthkit so to me that means I am ditching the Fitbit platform, unless their position changes. Maybe someone else could change my opinion.

Best Answer

Did you get the watch yet?  Do you love it?  I really want one, but I just can't seem to talk myself into it.  I'm afraid that the 2nd generation will be much better and then I'll be unhappy with the 1st one.  It is pricy, but, it is prettier than my Fitbit Charge.

@stefantotev wrote:

I create this topic to discuss how one can use both their Fitbit and Apple watch devices. 

I've had my Fitbit Charge for about 6 weeks and I love it, but the Apple watch is on its way to me (should arrive in 1-2 weeks) and I am concidering how to use both devices at their full potential. I am not a fitness guy, but I want to be more active and that's why I chose the wearables to push my activity. 

So, my idea is to use the Fitbit Charge for tracking activities when I won't want to bring the Apple Watch - when playing football and basketball. I also want to keep tracking my sleep with it. 

For everything else like steps, floors (I'm actually not sure if it has a barometer inside, or it does rely on an iPhone), pulse I want to use the Watch. Therefore I will be using the Watch around 70% of the time during the day. 

So, what is your advice and tips on doing this in order to keep all apps in sync (apple's and fitbit's) and settings recomendations?

I use Sync Solver from the App Store for Health App syncing with my Fitbit, but I am not sure if it will work the other way around - to import data from Apple Watch to the app. Anyone who has the Watch tried this yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

KD47, wait for the 3rd generation.  It'll be even better.  Or the 4th.  Or...  Smiley Happy

I bit the bullet and bought the 1st generation and I love it!  However, I still use my FitBit and don't plan to stop using it.  I just wish there was a FitBit Apple Watch app.  That would be nirvana!  (No, not the band!)

Best Answer
I caved and bought the watch. I got it about s month ago. Love it!!!!!

I gave my Fitbit Charge to my daughter.
Best Answer

Glad to hear it.  I know each model will be better but I just can't wait!  Besides, the Apple Watch gen 1 will get better throughout the time we have it. 

As for the FitBit, I love it too much to let it go.  Besides it does things better in some ways.  I'm happy with both but it would be significantly better if there was a FitBit app on the watch.  Maybe someday.

Best Answer
It's easy to wear my Fitbit One and sync to the Fitbit dashboard for ongoing progress. It's unique to have a thriving community that is not available elsewhere.

My Apple watch complements in many other areas, such as notifications and health tracking that is more comprehensive.

For me, wearing both continuously makes sense for the value in tracking that I receive.

I'm now taking my blood pressure with an Apple app that I can post to my Fitbit dashboard.

The ongoing tracking and metrics is motivation to stay healthier.

:curly_loop:
Best Answer

I agree. I was really sad to break up with my Fitbit, but wearing two devices made me feel like a loser. So, I decided that my Apple Watch was the better of the two, although I miss the step counter on my Fitbit, I can't seem to keep up with my steps with my Apple Watch. I think I'll get used to it, I'm only on week two and I have deleted the Fitbit app. One step at a time...it was very discouraging to me that my converted steps did not count toward the challenges, and I think that's what made my final decision. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Best Answer
My Apple Watch shows about a 2K difference with Fitbit Mobile Track.
I love the watch, so now I only use Mobile Track for my longer outdoor walks.
The watch gives me motivation to work harder on my activity level. Since it is so inaccurate, I have been under the illusion that I was working harder on my workouts than I thought for almost 3 years!!
I installed Sync Solver and it works with the Health App, but not the Fitbit app.
I look forward to a time when Fitbit will work with the Apple watch.
I love the watch!
Best Answer

I look forward to a time when Fitbit will work with the Apple watch.
I love the watch!

take in consideration Fitbit sells devices, and the Fitbit apps are to operate these devices.

Fitbit doesn't have interest to give access to their apps for other devices, unless you pay a monthly fee to.

are you OK to pay ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I don't wish to pay a monthly fee.
I will just use Fitbit on a limited basis.

But my initial post can be read as an FYI on my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Perry47 and @SunsetRunner. It got my attention your posts and I must say both opinions express valid point of views. Although the suggestion to integrate with Apple watch has been suggested in our Feature Request board and I must say is very popular. I'm gonna leave the link in case you are interesting to visit: Integrate with Apple Watch

You can vote for their idea and add your comments. The product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.

See you around fellows.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes