Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 and UHC motion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will the Versa 2 be compatible with the UHC motion app?  It is disappointing that one of the higher end fitbits does not work and I may be returning to switch to apple watch.

UHC says that Fitbit controls the devices they are allowed to use with the app. Fitbit - why can't we use Versa 2???

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@divinggobbler A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that you'd like to use Versa 2 and UHC Motion app. 

I see where you're coming from. There are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours. The best way to tell if an app is compatible with Fitbit is to go to the third-party site (or app) and poke around their settings to see if you can connect Fitbit.

Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third-party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third-party app to implement or update features for their app. Unless there's some sort of limitation on Fitbit's side (e.g. no Fitbit SDK), then it's safe to assume that the owner of the app is the one to contact if you're interested in seeing the integration improved.

Last but not least, if you'd like to receive notifications  from this app, please make sure you've set them up on your app notifications

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wife and I recently replaced our Charge 2s with Versa 2s, also very disappointed that they are not compatible with UHC Motion. UHC specifically said that they can't add it due to their contract with Fitbit, but they are adding support and selling the Charge 4 starting today. Someone isn't telling the truth, who is it? Without UHC Motion support, the Versa 2s are going to be returned for a refund. UHC Motion probably sells a lot of product for Fitbit, I'd think you'd be interested in working with them to support your higher end trackers.

Best Answer

@MikeMcFit Welcome back to the Community. I'm glad to hear that you upgraded your Charge 2 to a Versa 2. 

I appreciate that you mentioned the reply that you received from Fitbit. I noticed this is a Wellness Program and not exactly a third-party app. I would like you to double check with UnitedHealthcare the procedure on how to link your Fitbit tracker/watch to their app. Can you let me know if you're receiving any error message when trying to link it? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sylvia,
Apparently you and the other mods in this forum are reading scripts for answers and not actually talking to the people in your company that have the actual answers, very discouraging.

UHC Motion is a wellness platform ran by United Healthcare, that is supported by their third-party app. UHC stated they can't add the Versa 2 due to their contract with Fitbit, but they are adding the Charge 4. I just spent $400 to upgrade my wife's and my Charge 2s to Versa 2s that are essentially useless if they don't work with this app.

Please get someone involved in this discussion that can provide real answers to my questions, thanks. They can join in here, or contact me directly.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer

@MikeMcFit Thanks for getting back. I appreciate your feedback and I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

In this case, I would like you to contact United HealthCare for more information about the contract that was made with Fitbit and the restrictions that were mentioned. 

If you would like to use your Versa 2, you could set it up on another account. 

Thanks for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes