Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: Exporting TCX file for non-GPS activities using Firefox

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple of days ago @kishorb posted a method of exporting partial TCX files, however for a regular user it may be a little complicated. For myself, I use custom scripts and automate a lot more (for example, adding fake GPS location to the TCX file so viewers won't complain) but I'm a programmer so this is the way I do things (which reads as "overcomplicate everything a lot" 🙂 ). So I started to look for simple methods that regular users could use. @kishorb however had a pretty valid point about using third-party solutions - not every user will want to give Fitbit login credentials to a random website. Hence, here's a way of exporting TCX on the local PC and all you need is Firefox and any text editor (Notepad on Windows, Gedit on Linux, etc.). Once you get a drill, exporting TCX takes a minute and you have a file that can be uploaded into Strava or anywhere else you want.

I'm not good at video editing (especially with OpenShot on Linux... 🙄) so if the video runs too fast just change the speed of playback in YT.

Edit: I should have post it in Dashboard forum not here, my mistake.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Excellent post, thanks @t.parker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for info!

Best Answer
0 Votes