Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Rides on Strava don't sync to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems Fitbit Charge HR 2 is now even more useless for someone that actually exercises.  While it continuously under reports my heart-rate during exercise, it would at least recognise exercise coming from Strava, however, Virtual Rides, that are going to be more a thing during lockdown.

During an hour long climb on a smart turbo, with an average heart-rate of 161bpm, i.e. mostly threshold, fitbit didn't seem to record anything over 108bpm, or any steps, whereas the same ride on the road would at least get some data from Strava, and a load of steps, to augment the lack of any decent data from the Fitbit.  So for indoor training, the Fitbit is next to useless.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@mitchenall Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your Charge 2 and Strava. Your feedback is important to us, this helps us to continue improving and implementing features. 

Currently as you mentioned, Strava will sync only activities recorded with GPS and viceversa. If you would like that all activities could sync, please post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Please support virtual runs and rides from Strava. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AllenGreene A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community.

You may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you need to let your management know that this issue means that I will be abandoning fitbit for garmin. 
This issue has been raised for 5 years and the reply is always 'please add to integration requests' 

It is obvious that there is no priority to action the request so I am on the move and imagine I am not alone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes