Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VitaFit and Charge 2 tracking the same activity and logging it.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a Matrix Ascent trainer which connects to the ViaFit website. I have linked that account to the FitBit website account so my training sessions log. The problem I am having is my Charge 2 is logging the same event with different stats. I want to use the Vitafit info so do I have to delete the entry my FitBit logs to correctly count my calorie burn?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @CDNGrant, it's nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Yes, you are correct, in this case as you mentioned, your tracker is recording the same information as Matrix Ascent is syncing with ViaFit and by consequence due to the integration is duplicating your calories in your Fitbit account.

The easy way is to delete the duplicate session you are seeing on your exercise history.

The other alternative I can think out of this, is that your tracker probably is automatically recording your exercise, which means is using the SmartTrack feature. You can go to your Fitbit app and go to your exercise tile, right in the upper corner you'll see a Gear Icon that will allow the access to your exercise goals, here you can disable the session your tracker is recording automatically.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have another question.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @CDNGrant, it's nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Yes, you are correct, in this case as you mentioned, your tracker is recording the same information as Matrix Ascent is syncing with ViaFit and by consequence due to the integration is duplicating your calories in your Fitbit account.

The easy way is to delete the duplicate session you are seeing on your exercise history.

The other alternative I can think out of this, is that your tracker probably is automatically recording your exercise, which means is using the SmartTrack feature. You can go to your Fitbit app and go to your exercise tile, right in the upper corner you'll see a Gear Icon that will allow the access to your exercise goals, here you can disable the session your tracker is recording automatically.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have another question.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply and the info, I appreciate your time. I will try your solution out and get back to you if it doesn't work.

Thanks again

Grant

Best Answer