Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water logs are not syncing from Myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using MyFitnessPal to record food and water. Both food and water sync with my account on MyFitbbit.com. Food syncs on both my phone app and my tablet app. However, even though water syncs on web it does not show up on phone or tablet app. Any ideas. Thanks for the help.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @tbogart, nice to have you around in the Fitbit Community. I was reading your water consumption coming from MyFitnessPal are logging in your web Dashboard but not in your mobile app. Certainly this is not a normal behavior. 

I tried to replicate the same steps and I only experienced a delay in showing the water log in the mobile app. After a few seconds waiting, the log from MFP came through.

In this scenario, the best I can recommend if the issue persists, is to revoke the access of MFP and link your accounts one more time to reset the integration. For more details, refer to the following post.

Just a heads up, since your topic is related to a third party integration I have relocated your post to the correct board.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same thing happening here. I'll update my water intake on MyFitnessPal and it will populate the Fitbit website but not the app.

I think I've found a way to "fix" the issue. When I click on the (empty) water glasses on the Fitbit app, it provides the right info, and when I navigate back to the app dashboard, it will update. I'm wondering if opening that specific water module forces the app to sync again with the website. 

Not sure if this will help your situation - but it's the workaround that seems to do the trick for me. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Hi there @CraftyWitch, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for sharing your workaround. Certainly this is an odd behavior, however what you are mentioning in your post makes total sense.

When you open the water tile, you force the app to load your data from our servers, hence will update all your information, showing the most recent entries registered from your Dashboard or any other third party app that hasn't load yet.

I'll share your comments with our team to keep an eye on this, since it seem a delay to load your information from our servers.

Keep sharing any new eventuality, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CraftyWitch wrote:

Have the same thing happening here. I'll update my water intake on MyFitnessPal and it will populate the Fitbit website but not the app.

I think I've found a way to "fix" the issue. When I click on the (empty) water glasses on the Fitbit app, it provides the right info, and when I navigate back to the app dashboard, it will update. I'm wondering if opening that specific water module forces the app to sync again with the website. 

Not sure if this will help your situation - but it's the workaround that seems to do the trick for me. Good luck! 

I'm seeing the same issue. Been googling for a good while since adding my water intake in MFP as it wasn't showing in my Fitbit app. As soon as I read your "fix" and clicked the empty glass in the app, the data from MFP synced.

Do we know why this isn't happening automatically?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was a fix ever discovered for this? I've been having the exact same issues for MONTHS now, only way to get accurate water in the Fitbit app from MFP is to manually click each water glass, which is time consuming if you haven't done this in a while and throws off any long-term records/goals. I've revoked permissions and re-allowed between Fitbit and MFP, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps, nothing seems to work....

Best Answer
0 Votes