Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weigh Watchers Points and FitBit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have an idea about how the fitbit is working with Weight Watchers to get their activity points? Is there anyone that is doing this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dfchappell! I'm so glad to see you were able to link your Weight Watchers with your Fitbit account according to what you mentioned in this post. I hope you enjoy the experience. If you have any questions, please contact to Weight Watchers who are in charge to fix any issues between both pages. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @dfchappell! I'm so glad to see you were able to link your Weight Watchers with your Fitbit account according to what you mentioned in this post. I hope you enjoy the experience. If you have any questions, please contact to Weight Watchers who are in charge to fix any issues between both pages. 

Best Answer

Hi, Can you explain how the conversion works? Is it based on steps or also active minutes? Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Imagine999 We only count steps. If you want to get more information about how Weight Watchers syncs with Fitbit, please check this article. You can also contact to Weight Watchers Support.

P.S. Welcome to Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to be negative, but I wouldn't hold my breath getting any help from WW about their app.  Their latest upgrade is a real downgrade.  I don't think they even read their feedback as not much of it is positive.  I wish they would partner up with fitbit's programers.  

Best Answer

They diffenetly need new programmers at WW thats for sure! Its so outdated it not funny Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I connected my fitbit with Weight Watchers Mobile app two days ago.  On the first day, it gave me 20 activity points.  The 2nd day, it gave me 19.  Today, I did MORE activity and distance and it only gave me 1 AP?  I am not impressed.  It won't even let me log my hard 40 minute bike ride because I am conneted via the fitbit now.  

I am so disgusted with Weight Watchers (their food program is the best) and their outdated and antique programers.  I would dump the whole app, but I get free access being a lifetime member at goal.  If I had to pay for it, I would've been long gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K9dancer Make sure you're logging all your activities in the Activities Page on the website Dashboard. For specific questions regarding AP, I strongly recommend you to contact to WW as they are the ones managing these points. Contact the Weight Watchers customer services team at 1-800-651-6000 or at http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/contactus.aspx Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I do log all of my activity. I find it interesting that on my working days it gives me so many activity points, but on the weekend, like this morning, I did a 9 mile run and it really short changed me on the AP. I suppose it all evens out in the long run. My Weight Watcher leader once told me that she feels I am really under estimating my activity points during my work days. My job is very physical plus I cycle commute, walk and run after work. It does seem more in line with the calories that the fitbit app says I can eat during those days. The jury is still out on the link between fitbit and WW. I still feel that the programers for the fitbit app are far superior to Weight Watchers.
Best Answer
One other comment and then I will probably shut up about this. LOL I HAVE contacted Weight Watchers over technical issues and have found them less than helpful. I am by no means a computer geek, but I do manage to figure most things out. The replies I got from there were an insult to my intelligence. Their food program is the best, but they ought to leave the computer stuff to people who know what they're doing.
Best Answer
Thanks. I do log all of my activity. I find it interesting that on my working days it gives me so many activity points, but on the weekend, like this morning, I did a 9 mile run and it really short changed me on the AP. I suppose it all evens out in the long run. My Weight Watcher leader once told me that she feels I am really under estimating my activity points during my work days. My job is very physical plus I cycle commute, walk and run after work. It does seem more in line with the calories that the fitbit app says I can eat during those days. The jury is still out on the link between fitbit and WW. I still feel that the programers for the fitbit app are far superior to Weight Watchers.

Oh, and in my previous comment, WW mobile finally did give me 20 points for that Friday. I guess it just took them awhile to convert the information and get it up on my AP.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I myself find it very in accurate. I unlinked it. It gives me double the AP I should get. I use an HRM to determine and  WW linking is way off base

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K9dancer @WendyB Thanks for your feedback. I hope you both can get a better experience with Weight Watchers. We'll work so hard to meet your expectations everyday.

Happy Monday!

Best Answer

how do i set the fitbit to retreive weightwatchers data /points, food etc ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gkoke Synced Fitbit data will be translated into Activity Point Plus values according to this article. Please check it out and follow the steps outlined in order to set up your Fitbit account with your Weight Watchers.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now, now.

I have been dealing with problems with WW (Canada) and Fitbit syncing since I found out about it, about a week now.  I've linked, unlinked, logged out, logged back in, deleted browsing history and cookies.  The problem is that it takes hours for the earned activity points to show up, if they show up at all.

So I telephoned WW today and was told that it is Fitbit that is responsible for the linking software, that there is a recognized problem (hundreds of WW members can't be wrong!) and that Fitbit is working on fixing it.  

Your toughts, Moderator?

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, exept I think the problem is with Weight Watchers and not Fitbit.  It hasn't worked consistently or properly since I linked the 2 in December.  I think I am just going to unlink them and add my Activity points by hand since I am getting ripped off anyway.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it can't be fixed I am going to go back to food tracking on spark people. Food tracked on SP appears almost instantaneously on Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone by Bonita Majonis
Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hilarious response.  They (WW) says FITBIT controls how many steps equal an Activity Point.  One thing is for sure, is that it is certainly not a straight calculation.  ie   x steps = y points.   Looking at 5 days worth of data, I see that I get anywhere from 2500 to 3000 steps per point.      Exactly what data is Fitbit sending WW?     Is there a mix of number of steps AND activity level?  If so, this makes sense, but exactly WHO is doing the calculation and can we little people get the algorithim so we know how much we're earning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I almost regret to say that my WW fitbit link is working pretty well.  One thing I did not realize I had to do is to link my weight from Fitbit to WW as WW says activity points are partly based on weight.  

I find that the activity points added are pretty consistent.  I get three points from my 5K treadmill walk.  The treadmill tells me I've burned about 160 calories (but who trusts a treadmill) and I get three activity points. If a ww point is worth around 50 calories, that's pretty accurate.  I can earn about 11 points on a day where I score 20,000+ steps and more than 150 active minutes on fitbit.

The link appears pretty quickly, sometimes almost instantaneously, these days.  

My gear is a Charge and an iPhone 6.

Best Answer
0 Votes