Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's caloric allowance do I follow? Fitbit's or My Fitness Pal's?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up both Fitbit and MFP so I lose 1.5 lbs per week and basically tried to get the settings/goals on both to be as identical as each web site would allow me to.  The problem is I don't know which site to follow as far as caloric intake. For example, yesterday Fitbit said I ate 1483 calories which they considered as "Under", but MFP stated my daily goal was 1210 so I ended up being over.  

I am not asking for the "science" behind how each web site calculates their numbers, I'd just like to know if I should calculate how many calories I can eat per day based off what Fitbit is allowing me or what MFP is allowing me.  In other words, which one is more accurate.  Thanks much ~

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Claudine09, its nice to see you again! If you ask me I would say to follow the calorie budget from your Fitbit account. The reason of this is because your Fitbit manage your food plan. The Food Plan's tools update based on your foods logged and activities recorded by your tracker. MFP will only track these information in a simple way, so many user prefers to use food logging for MFP and exercise and Food plan exclusively for the Fitbit account.

For an accurate calorie estimate, you must log all of the food you eat. After logging foods and doing activities, your daily calorie estimate will update to show how much you can still eat for the rest of the day. As long as you are within 50 calories above or below your daily estimate when you log your last meal, you have met your plan's recommendations. 

For more information about calories discrepancies please review the following post. MyFitnessPal: How to correct calorie discrepancy from MFP to Fitbit.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes